Cam belt

Hi all as I didn't want to be the one posting on here to say cam belt had snapped I've just had it replaced at Caffyns Tunbridge wells. Along with water pump and tensioners and a fresh MOT. Last belt was changed 20k ago however as that was four years ago I thought I'd get it changed to be on the safe side. Many thanks to Terresa,Darren and Jon at Caffyns for the work carried out.

My car was done three months ago with genuine parts, cam belt kit, aux belt, water pump, anti freeze all fitted for £210. So glad I have good friends who are in the game of fixing motors :) 

How much was the Campbelt and water pump? I'm abit out of date with prices cheers pm me if you don't want it public

trev i got a new belt, belt tensioner and rollers only test fitted to bare engine

£70 its yours ;-)

Ballpark figure for a cambelt and water pump these days is £280 (thats from an independent) probably over £300 from a main dealer.

Pete - does Darren still work there then? Remember going in there and annoying him and Theresa with my constant purchasing of screws, bolts and other items costing pennies LOL

Ballpark figure for a cambelt and water pump these days is £280 (thats from an independent) probably over £300 from a main dealer.

I had a quote from a local Skoda dealer a couple of months ago and it was £417! far to say I wont be going there! lol