confused.com octavia VRS v superb 1.8t elegance

please help

this may have been asked before but maybe not this to models against each other ..

superb 1.8 elegnace v octavia VRS ... whats best

i went to local dealer to have a loom at swapping me 'tavia VRS for 'tavia VRS est .. just fancy a change ... but then saw a superb (and also a fabia VRS ... but thats on a diffenert forum) ...which took my fancy

what would it be like compared to mr 'tavia VRS .... , just fancy a change but not much about so thought just have a 'tavia VRS est , as never really looked at superb ............ but nice car

Bigger, quieter better spec (model for model) and more comfortable, just not as quick as it is both heavier and using a different engine, so not really fair to compare it.

I did exactly that change, VRS to Superb 1.8T Elegance

The Superb feels a more solid quality car. It rides better even though on the same wheels/tyres.

The grip levels are surprisingly good for a big car and nearly equal the VRS.

Engine wise the performance comparison between 2.0CR and 1.8Tsi, both with DSG, are virtually the same although the petrol is quieter. The fact that the TSI will rev to 6500rpm and is turbine smooth doing it, is also a plus point for me, the diesel never felt 'exciting' using the full rev range.

Overall for me the Superb has a much better air of solidity and quality. The Elegance spec also has all the toys. My wife is well taken with the heated, electric memory seats. The 'Twindoor' also gives the versatility of a large hatch which was essential for me

was considering the vRS combi vs Superb combi (elegence)

like the vRS combi for the boot space, handling and power

like the superb combi for even more boot space.. huge rear seats, sunroof.. all the gadgets and the misus preferred the suspension on the superb.. plus the cabin is really quiet.. so in the end.. superb combi for me and am looking forward to driving it everyday

Went from Octy VRS petrol estate to Superb estate 170CR. Never one moment of regret. Quiet, smooth, handles VERY well for such a huge car and get many more files from a tank...and I used to leather the VRS :)

Only negative to the superb - it goes through front tyres quite quickly...especially if you use all the ponies!