drivethedeal.com .... anygood

the last few times ive bougt a new car i have just walked in told them what i wanted and if they havent done the deal walked out ....

but i have ready on this and other forums about car brokers and drivethedeal.com ... how do they operate

i have been on there web site and got a good deal on a VRS est ... but what happens now

do i contact them and they put me on to the dealer or do they sort it all out for me ...

i have read where poeple get the price off there go in to there local dealer and see if they can match it .. some do some dont, to be honest tryed it on saturday and they said .. if thats off the internet we not allowed to match it ...

i was chatting to someone at my sons football the other week who have bought a Audo Q5 said he started on there but they got very arsy with him and then went off the boil when he mentioned p/x ... whch i have ... so are they worth it

thanks

I bought my car from them and had no problems at all. Don't know of anyone who has. All you do is place your order with them and pay them the deposit about £1k. They then place the order with the garage and the garage contact you to confirm the order and spec. You dont have to deal with drive the deal again. All contact can then be done with the garage. Had two cars from Drive the deal and no problems at all would not hesitate in using again.

DTD seems a good option if you have no part ex, when i looked into it price for the car was great but prt ex price was 2 grand less than my local dealer so all in all worked out cheaper with local dealer. However if i was just paying cash would have gone with DTD. Its just a case off doing the maths and working out whats best for you.

DtD are fine. Just take your deposit and then everything else is dealt with by the dealer.

If I was using a broker, I'd use Carfile. Spoke to several brokers and Carfile sounded the best to deal with, had very good prices on the Octavia and had a 5* for customer service from What Car. You also don't pay the broker anything (they get 1% commission from dealer). After order given to them dealer contacts you.

Having said that, in the end, ordered from local dealer as they agreed to match the Carfile price. If they hadn't would've definitely used them.

If you do use DTD make sure you pay the deposit by credit card to get the protection under the Consumer Credit Act in case they go bust and haven't paid the dealer.

I've bought four cars through Drive the Deal and could not recommend them more highly. Every deal was a good one and no problems at all arose. The dealers who actually sell the car are usually the fleet sales at the dealership and the service they give is individual and efficient. At no stage did I feel uncomfortable with the security of the deals and in some cases they were prepared to offer a moderate price for the car I was offloading although I always found a better price elsewhere - fair enough, they make little money at the price of the new car.

Hello

New here, but I was just in a similar boat - got prices from dtd & car quake then just took them into my local dealer & asked nicely if he'd match the prices.

He seemed more than happy to do so. Plus I got just over 2k more on the px price I was quoted by car quake - I just used them as a bargaining tool

I too got a DTD price and approached local dealers. They couldnt/wouldnt compete/not allowed/blah blah, and they offered a rubbish px price.

So I rang more dealers until I found one who would deal. I had to make 20plus phone calls and travel 60 miles to pick the car up but as I saved £3500 I was happy.

I still use the local boys for service and warranty stuff, they are very good at this, and to be fair they now know I walk away from rubbish deals and have said they will try to work harder at a deal next time.

Some folk worry that if they dont buy a car from a local dealer they wont get good service from them, IMHO this worry is groundless. Most dealers are much more professional than this, it is simply not in their interests to treat you as second class.

As others have said pay DtD a deposit, mine was £1k, and everything else was with a Marlborough Skoda in west London (although when I picked up the car in July 2011 they said they weren't deling with DtD anymore).

I saved £6.5k on list price, I had a few options, so would heartily recommend them.

No dealer could get anywhere near, although I didn't have a PX.

Hello

New here, but I was just in a similar boat - got prices from dtd & car quake then just took them into my local dealer & asked nicely if he'd match the prices.

He seemed more than happy to do so. Plus I got just over 2k more on the px price I was quoted by car quake - I just used them as a bargaining tool

can i ask what dealer you used, i have tryed a coupleof dealers and when mentioned i get a dirty look back and told no cant/not allowed to match them ....

I too got a DTD price and approached local dealers. They couldnt/wouldnt compete/not allowed/blah blah, and they offered a rubbish px price.

So I rang more dealers until I found one who would deal. I had to make 20plus phone calls and travel 60 miles to pick the car up but as I saved £3500 I was happy.

I still use the local boys for service and warranty stuff, they are very good at this, and to be fair they now know I walk away from rubbish deals and have said they will try to work harder at a deal next time.

Some folk worry that if they dont buy a car from a local dealer they wont get good service from them, IMHO this worry is groundless. Most dealers are much more professional than this, it is simply not in their interests to treat you as second class.

Did exactly the same

can i ask what dealer you used, i have tryed a coupleof dealers and when mentioned i get a dirty look back and told no cant/not allowed to match them ....

I've pm'd you details

Edited by dave11