Driver power -Number One

Freshacre

Take it your referring to this article;

http://www.autoexpre...ar_of_2012.html

Interesting to read;

"The only aspect owners criticised was ride quality, although it still performed well here, with a 12th-place finish"

Maybe now SUK will take the hint we all don't want sports tyres and associated large wide alloys on a 4x4 :yes:

TP

Thanks Bassa - I was just too excited to get the link!

Yes - Auto Express Survey with nearly 30000 responses. Yeti 1st, Superb 2nd. Superb won last year.

Yeti also won 3 individual classes too.

I seem to recall those 'Superb boys' rubbing it in last year - now we have swapped places should we take out our revenge? - as if we would :giggle:

Brillaint result! I voted too, with a true account of my experience so far ( nearly 2 years of ownership) I've sat in the Suberb last time I was at my local Skoda dealer, fantastic car too, although I feel discomfort in my back driving in any saloon or hatchback car, from an old back injury.

Well done Skoda!

Edited by BigHusky

What a result!!!! WOW. Yes I guess the Superb boys will be a bit miffed today! hehehehe

Don't forget the taxi drivers - they came 4th :rock:

Don't forget the taxi drivers - they came 4th :rock:

Oh dear.... now you've caused a great big fight. :giggle: I can sense Brimma's arrival shortly! hehehe

Superb owners are too busy enjoying their cars to bother filling in online questionnaires about them.

We KNOW how good our cars are, so won't be affected by upstarts in tonka look-a-likes

I shall take the erudite advice given at the foot of your post, and not argue with you. :rofl:

• Like 1

I shall take the erudite advice given at the foot of your post, and not argue with you. :rofl:

I may have thought it, but I didn't post it. :giggle:

Joking aside, clearly the Superb was included because enough owners filled in the survey. ;)

In the results they do state how many owners of each model answered. Which should be interesing. (if you have no life!)

I may have thought it, but I didn't post it. :giggle:

I can resist everything except temptation. Honestly, that was just handing me a loaded gun and not expecting me to shoot! And surely the real point is that whatever the running order, Skoda cars filled three of the top four spots!

• Like 1

And just look at the stupid, ill informed "badge snob" comments that are already starting to appear after the article. People just don't learn do they? You'd think by now that people who claim to know about cars would have realised that today's Skoda is something to aspire to, not something to ridicule.

Ah well, you just can't convince some folk with facts!!!

Oh dear.... now you've caused a great big fight. I can sense Brimma's arrival shortly! hehehe

Don't worry a yeti is just an Octavia on stilts

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

And just look at the stupid, ill informed "badge snob" comments that are already starting to appear after the article. People just don't learn do they? You'd think by now that people who claim to know about cars would have realised that today's Skoda is something to aspire to, not something to ridicule.

Ah well, you just can't convince some folk with facts!!!

Afriend with a land rover defender said to me, "it's still a skoda though"..... "ah so you spotted what came bottom then? " I replied :ph34r:

I liked the comment that the Merc owner posted about it being undriveable in snow..... Clearly it has never crossed his mind to wonder why thousands of German Merc owners manage fine in the snow.. :-)

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Hope this video link works, seems a bit slow loading

http://www.autoexpre...s/driver_power/

Thanks for that! Aren't some of those owners in that video actually Briskodians?! I thought I remember seeing something on here about someone being interviewed by Auto Express?

As to slow loading: we have tested 37MB BT Infinity broadband so it loaded instantly. :giggle: I'm working from home see. At work ALL streaming is banned alas.

Thanks for that! Aren't some of those owners in that video actually Briskodians?! I thought I remember seeing something on here about someone being interviewed by Auto Express?

As to slow loading: we have tested 37MB BT Infinity broadband so it loaded instantly. :giggle: I'm working from home see. At work ALL streaming is banned alas.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/233235-yeti-filming/

No fibre optic luxuries in the sticks, my copper wire provides downloads around the 6.5MB :sweat: but no troubles with streaming though. The video on the link page was initially absent but once it appeared it played perfectly.