gordon lamb take over clock garage

Hi guys n gals.

In a blaze of paper publicity, Lambs of Chesterfield have acquired Derby's Clock Garage, with promises to improve the whole world, it seems!

Anyone have experience of Gordon Lamb's?

Yeah bought 2 Octavia VRs's from them, and my brother has also bought one from them. Overall very good, and cheaper and better service than other skoda dealers in the area!

I sent an email enquiring about a car they had for sale - they didn't bother replying. Hardly an inspiring start before they've got their hands on your money!

Had a letter inviting me to an event with sausages and Czech beer at Clock (presumably in order to try and sell me a new car).

Have to wait and see if it makes any difference to the level of customer service at Clock though.

Bought my current car from them- an easy process and very obliging with test drives. They were very helpful when my turbo went under warranty.Peter Hyman is the guy to speak to.

No complaints about the Skoda part of the franchise which is moving to larger premises.As has the Honda part. So they must be doing something right?

Apparently they are also planning a new premise in "central Derby" for Gordon Lamb. I guess this means they'll move on to Pride Park with the rest of the car dealerships. Either way it will be nice to get out of the dingy premises in Spondon. I've always had a pretty good experience with Clock Garage, so I will keep my business with Gordon Lamb for the time being. The only other dealership nearby is Rainworth, but that's an hour in the wrong direction from work which is a bit of a long way to drop off a car for servicing.