Octavia estate boot lock problem

Any ideas. Only had the car a few weeks and only noticed now that the boot lock doesn't lock with the rest of the doors. I'm almost sure it used to so it must have just stopped recently.

Any ideas? I don't have remote central locking. Have to use the key in the front two doors. I'm almost sure i used to be able to lock the car from the rear too.

hi mate i had the same problem with my octy i have to use the key too as no fob ... i stripped the boot lock off the boot and found it was stiff and didnt move freely enough i gave it a good squirt with wd40 left to soak for an hour then re fitted checked all the connections and the problem hasent re occurred hope this helps

• Thanks 1

Ok so turns out that the boot not locking was related to my interior lights not working which also brought up a door open symbol and the electric windows where not working.

When I pulled down my interior light the spring popped off and obviously hit something it shouldn't have and blew a fuse. After finding the spring I put it all back together with t interior lights still not working. Checked the fuse and number 14 was blown. Replaced the fuse.

Wolla. Interior light working up front and the boot. Open door symbol on dash gone. Electric widows started working again. And boot started locking with the rest of the doors.

Can anyone explain why this fuse for interior lights does all those. I would have thought windows and central locking would be on a different fuse?

• Thanks 1

My best guess is that when you lock the car it turns off the internal lights, so therefore the central locking and interior light circuits are probably linked - the central convenience unit.

My best guess is that when you lock the car it turns off the internal lights, so therefore the central locking and interior light circuits are probably linked - the central convenience unit.

+1

Fuses F10 and F14 feed the CCU.