vRS attracting too much negative attention

Tbh what I think is that most idiots on the roads like to get everywhere at 100mph lately don't know why and most boy racers don't have a clue how far along skodas have come now and how powerful the cars are but I find sticking to the limit or just moving over to the left slightly to show them your not going to bit usually works I wouldn't try being a smart arse end of the day you don't know why type of person in the car behind is but I don't think it's just down to the vrs it's self it's just general drivers these days I'm only 20 and all my mates laughed that I got a Fabia till I left them for dead and still got better mpg just don't stoop down to their level and give them what they want if they want past so bad let them make the move not you

Slightly alternate view here but most of the tailgaters i get round here are driving a Fabia Vrs.....and yes when you look in the mirror you can clearly see the spotty face yoof with his hoody still up sitting at a 45 degree angle to the vertical (whats all that about?) one hand on the steering wheel (gangsta stylee) and the seat almost horizontal......no seatbelt on of course,the 3 mates with him are all nodding to BOOM, BOOM, BOOM from the speakers and trying to look cool and sexy to the adoring girls roadside LMFAO. I use all the tricks to **** em off espically with oncoming traffic stopping the high speed overtaking he desperately wants to do, i slow right down 3-4mph under limit is good to enrage Spotty and big windscreen washing sprays to give him a much needed bath. I drive a Superb and a Yeti and get the same hassle from tailgaters in those as when i drove a Renault 5 GT turbo.......the one thing i have never done is be stupid enough to "bite" and speed up and race....not worth my licence, sanity or my life and the life of others.

.the one thing i have never done is be stupid enough to "bite" and speed up and race....not worth my licence, sanity or my life and the life of others.

Don't always need to anyway :)

Back when I had my vRS, my route home went through a quite twisty section of road. I knew it very well and I knew that I could go through the lot without slowing from 60mph even though I usually took it a bit slower. One night I had a pillock in a Vectra catch me up shortly before the twisty bit and sat an inch off my bumper. OK, fine. I carried on at 60 and didn't slow down for the twisty bit :devil:

He understeered wide on the first left, caught me back up then understeered off onto the grass verge on the next right, which was a good bit tighter. He took a sensible pill after that and stayed back. :giggle:

• Like 1

Don't always need to anyway :)

Back when I had my vRS, my route home went through a quite twisty section of road. I knew it very well and I knew that I could go through the lot without slowing from 60mph even though I usually took it a bit slower. One night I had a pillock in a Vectra catch me up shortly before the twisty bit and sat an inch off my bumper. OK, fine. I carried on at 60 and didn't slow down for the twisty bit :devil:

He understeered wide on the first left, caught me back up then understeered off onto the grass verge on the next right, which was a good bit tighter. He took a sensible pill after that and stayed back. :giggle:

Luv it....i got a mate who drives one of them SRI Vectra skips, he is always takin the P about my luv of Skoda, jealous of their handling and build quality i suspect.....your post is the second i have had by coincidence on different forums that slate his beloved Vectra....cant wait to show him

I find it happens to me. My vrs is always clean and these chavs see a shiny sporty looking car and a young lad at the wheel, turn to their female friend and say 'im gonna do that'. My car is worth more than theirs so they can get on with it. Mostly I let them pass but if it's a nova or a corsa and constantly on my bumper I just squeeze the goodbye button and dissappear.

For some reason, I get tailgated more in the Superb than I did in my Octavia, is it because it is debadged?? I don't generally need to prove anything so just let them get on with it.

Some guy in a Jag XType pulled up next to me the other day and was laughing and joking with his passenger whilst looking at me. I started to roll and edge with him at the lights, lights went to green, and he absolutely lit the road up wheel spinning................I just flicked the left indicator on and cruised round the corner. What a fool he looked!!! :rofl:

I guess it could be in relation to the vRS badge - do VXR, ST, S-Line, RS drivers get the same, they probably do, everybody wants to say "i blizted a so and so off the lights earlier" and claim bragging rights with their mates.

People tend to be either very jealous or very envious :envy:

Luv it....i got a mate who drives one of them SRI Vectra skips, he is always takin the P about my luv of Skoda, jealous of their handling and build quality i suspect.....your post is the second i have had by coincidence on different forums that slate his beloved Vectra....cant wait to show him

Indeed, they are rubbish. My first 1.6 Octy would do the same bit of road at 60 as well... just... easier in the vRS though :)

Still, if I get a tailgater, I will just leave a bigger gap in front and carry on as I am. It's up to them to get round me and they can go have an accident somewhere else.

People tend to be either very jealous or very envious :envy:

Agreed. Also does anyone else notice people will leave shopping trollys next to you car in supermarket car parks? 'ah i'll leave it by the skoda' really starting to get on my wick.

Edited by RAPTURE

I just park at the other end of the car park to avoid this or others opening their doors on my car.

I just use the cruise control to annoy tail gaters.

Always wanted to fit a rear washer jet to a can and have WD40 or something in it, I know its bad but it would soon make them think again.

I agree with Fugly. It's interesting sport to try to annoy them more.

Normally if someone is tailgating, I'll gradually slow down by 5 or 10 mph, which I am sure annoys them.

If I get to a roundabout, its good to approach slowly, then make sure you shoot off as a car is approaching, so the tailgater has to wait before they can pull out.

If I turn off the road, I slow them right down before turning off.

Gentle touch of the brake with left foot is good too - to turn on the brake lights without actually braking.

It's childish, I know.

On my way home from work today on bypass I was behind a new focus rs doing 60 passed him at 70 then he decided to get up my ass, gave him a plume of my black smoke!

On my way home from work today on bypass I was behind a new focus rs doing 60 passed him at 70 then he decided to get up my ass, gave him a plume of my black smoke!

......at which point he overtook you and fooked off into the horizon?

He did'nt get chance got to roundabout and traffic, I was going to get a focus rs but would need to go in garage and my other car is in there