Are Scouts Magnetic?

Since changing my Scout for a Superb a couple of months ago I've seen more Scouts on the road than in the three years I owned the Scout :no:

So I have come to the conclusion that Scouts are magnetic and simply repel each other :giggle:

• Like 1

Mine must be a different polarity to yours and seems to attract other Scouts. There are at least 3 other Scouts in the area (Glossop) that I bump into every couple of weeks - was rather annoying when I saw all three the day after I placed the order for mine :wall:

Since changing my Scout for a Superb a couple of months ago I've seen more Scouts on the road than in the three years I owned the Scout :no:

So I have come to the conclusion that Scouts are magnetic and simply repel each other :giggle:

I completely agree with you, in the 12 months i had with my 1.8T FL Scout i never saw another - now i see loads, i must say i thoroughly enjoyed my time with it apart from its thirst for fuel.

Regards

Can't remember the last time I saw one either.

Howmanyleft lists 3099 currently registered in the UK, across the different Scout engine & gearbox combos - so not really that many compared with other Skoda models and other brands. They must all be about somewhere though :)

The rapid response paramedics round here seem to have Elegance estates, or a Mondy.... Mustn't be hilly enough for a Scout requirement :)

Definitely have Scouts in Oldham, my indy reckons they blow turbos for fun due to the way they are driven, i.e. no warming up or cooling down period and thrashed through the gears due to requirement for rapid response. Although he did say they were changing to Volvos but I've not seen any of those.

Yep, I certainly wouldn't want to buy any of their vehicles 2nd hand :o

Also the amount of kit they fit into them, it's basically fully laden all the time - so they certainly don't get an easy life.

One I see all the time round here is PJ09 YNF Mike, which lists as a 2.0TDI Elegance estate.

Just depends if the bit about SMF conversions is true I suppose, but it would make sense as I'm sure the transmission gets a constant thrashing, plus there's a lot of weight to shift about with all their kit....