Columbus Sat Nav problem - Aeriel Replacement

VRS-LE-OCT-II

Chaps just for info. Betty in today for a service, we had some problem a couple of weeks back with our position on sat nav not working properly, been told that we need a replacement aeriel fitted (under warranty) - anyone else had the same problem, we were on holiday in the lakes at one point our position was "out to sea". Got dealer to check today and they found a signal problem, not sure how they checked. Would that be under a diagnostic?

Got dealer to check today and they found a signal problem, not sure how they checked. Would that be under a diagnostic?

Probably by visual examination of the base, suspect water ingress. Same thing happened on my Roomster.

Fred

Fred I was told the Sat Nav was saying "no signal", just curious as to how this is done, so I could check myself. Anyway replaced under warranty next week. Thought I'd post in case anyone has a positional problem with their satnav.

Fred I was told the Sat Nav was saying "no signal", just curious as to how this is done, so I could check myself. Anyway replaced under warranty next week. Thought I'd post in case anyone has a positional problem with their satnav.

If you have the secret test menu enabled then you can check there.

But more easily, if you press the map button and get the split display, then you can scroll down and chose the GPS viewer. Select that one and it will tell you how high you are, your longitude and latitude as well as how many satellite it has a fix on.

• 6 months later...

Just had the same problem - Sat Nav had my position as halfway between Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight (no I wasn't on the ferry).

Took it into Sparshotts this morning for repair under warranty - diagnostic check showed fault with aerial - and also cables were off the passenger n/s mid range speaker! New aerial assembly on order and will be fitted next week. Front and rear Skoda badges also changed (for the second time) under warranty. Yeti Elegance, first registered March 2010 and a mere 14,000 miles on the clock. Fantastic motor - first time it has been to see the Doctor!

I have had four problems, all of which cleared themselves in varying amounts of time: (1) driving out of an underground car park in Aix-en-Provence, Columbus told me I was in central Frankfurt - but put itself right in seconds; (2) travelling cross country eastwards from Corby to join the A1, satnav suddenly positioned me in the middle of Suffolk and would not budge all the way home to N Yorks. It had righted itself when I switched on again the following day; (3) driving in Annecy, the unit went blank and then switched itself fully off, and did this again when (utterly lost, and having successfully switched it back on and found my position) I passed the same spot - my wife blames our proximity to the Cern reactor(!); (4) driving south on the newly upgraded A1(M), the unit first showed me offroad (which is reasonable) but then locked me somewhere in a field near Ripon for the rest of the journey - again, problem cleared the next day. I haven't pursued any of this with the dealer, since I suspect it is one of those intermittent faults which (provided it remains so intermittent) might cause more hassle in the tracking down than in the living with.