Skoda wins again - Auto Express Driver Power

Freshacre

Brill.

What a car we all own. Is there a sticky on here for all the awards the yeti has won? If not there should be!

We should have a full list of every last little award the car wins, and there seems to be lot of them just from a quick google search

Brill.

What a car we all own. Is there a sticky on here for all the awards the yeti has won? If not there should be!

We should have a full list of every last little award the car wins, and there seems to be lot of them just from a quick google search

I agree!

However - this wasn't JUST for the Yeti, it was for Skoda as a BRAND, and obviously included every single model made.

It is almost a greater achievement overall than any of the individual awards, to beat all the so-called recognised "quality" car marques.

I think we can all take pride in what Skoda has managed, and I suspect that contributors to Briskoda played a significant part in getting those results.

Well done, all, I say!

This is half a story here! In a Yeti thread, surely we should also be celebrating the Yeti specifically getting Best Car of 2012 and Best Compact Family Car.

Not to mention that Skoda scored 3 of the top 4 places in the overall results.

That's my point exactly we should have a full list of the awards right from the beginning.

Personally I'd love to be able to see every award no matter how little. I only found out yesterday it had won 3 awards from total off road magazines 4x4 of the year awards.

Yet on the Chris Evans show this morning the Yeti came up in one of the features and he claimed to have no idea what it was!!

And he calls himself a car lover, you would think the car that's been winning awards might have caught his attention at some point.

Chris Evans - if its not a Ferrari he won't be interested. I suppose he doesn't know about the Yeti because it doesn't catch fire at random :whew:

As for the award, it is good to know that Skoda are going strong. I've tried to find a link for ALL of the awards but it's not working at present (or I'm having a moment). Maybe ask ColinD to set up a section somewhere??

Pop in to your local dealership and look for the McDonalds* board on the wall - that will show 10 of the most recent along with history of the past couple of years of what has been won.

* This board is not sponsored or endorsed by McDonalds but does resemble the little badges that some staff have to wear :giggle:

• Like 1

Chris Evans - if its not a Ferrari he won't be interested. I suppose he doesn't know about the Yeti because it doesn't catch fire at random :whew:

As for the award, it is good to know that Skoda are going strong. I've tried to find a link for ALL of the awards but it's not working at present (or I'm having a moment). Maybe ask ColinD to set up a section somewhere??

Pop in to your local dealership and look for the McDonalds* board on the wall - that will show 10 of the most recent along with history of the past couple of years of what has been won.

* This board is not sponsored or endorsed by McDonalds but does resemble the little badges that some staff have to wear :giggle:

Very true about Chris evans, he's not so much a car lover as a super car lover.

I've found a few of the award but like you said there are no sites that u e found that list them all. Would have been nice.

It will be interesting to see how Skoda fares in the future in this sort of poll. I remember about 15 years ago Subaru was enjoying a similar sort of popularity with its Outback, Legacy and Impreza models, only to throw it all away with crass styling changes which ruined the appeal of the cars for me and judging by the resultant sales figures many other people as well. The Subaru Outback I had back then together with my current Yeti are the two favourite cars that I have owned.

It will be interesting to see how Skoda fares in the future in this sort of poll. I remember about 15 years ago Subaru was enjoying a similar sort of popularity with its Outback, Legacy and Impreza models, only to throw it all away with crass styling changes which ruined the appeal of the cars for me and judging by the resultant sales figures many other people as well. The Subaru Outback I had back then together with my current Yeti are the two favourite cars that I have owned.

Not many years ago Honda and Toyota were virtually unbeatable in these polls, those glory days for them now appear to have gone.

We bought a fabia just after it was launched and replaced it with another 6 years later! But we bought a top spec 3 year old car instead of a new fabia model, as much as anything because I just don't like the style of the new one.

The Roomster just looks strange and as if two people designed half each and joined their bits together in the middle.

I only realy like the Yeti and Octavia styling at present, and possibly the Superb estate could grow on me if I had one as it is so practical like the yei but in a load carrying way?

• 4 months later...

Auto Express Driver Power 2013 is here... http://www.autoexpre...uk/driver-power

Filled out mine.

With only 10 months of our Yeti's lease left I'm still not sure what we will be doing come June? The only downside I can see with this car is the smallish boot, other than that it's been excellent.

I only realy like the Yeti and Octavia styling at present, and possibly the Superb estate could grow on me if I had one as it is so practical like the yei but in a load carrying way?

I tried a Superb estate just before buying my second Yeti. It was very nice - the seats offer more lateral support but are a bit harder. More kit as standard but a higher price when specced similarly. Huge boot and far more back seat space than the Yeti. It felt similar to drive (both CR170 4x4) - perhaps just lacking a touch on the handling front by comparison, but not a lot in it. I think it was a little quieter at motorway speeds.

For us it came down to the Yeti being more compact (but still big enough), more interesting to look at and more "fun", but the Superb was tempting. A slight shift in priorities and I'd have had one of those instead.