Help please?... water in boot?...

I have fixed the water leaks on all the door carriers, and all is good so far. The trouble is..... I have found that I have water getting into the right hand side of the boot (behind the carpet that covers the R/H rear light). It seems to be dripping from the channel of bodywork that goes up around the rear door/roof area. I have put an arrow on the photo where I can see drips of water. Can anyone please give me an idea of where it is getting in, and the remedy??

Many Thanks.

Wet patch..

IMG_0517.jpg

Right hand rear bodywork where water seems to be dripping in..

IMG_0519.png

have you checked that the rear washer pipe hasn't become slightly loose? Just a thought.

Thanks Lee, but doesn't the washer pipe use the left side of the car?.. the rear washer works fine too?

Thanks Lee, but doesn't the washer pipe use the left side of the car?.. the rear washer works fine too?

I can't quite remember :think: Last time mine had a leak in the boot I traced it to that, had to take the inner boot trim off and noticed the pipe wasn't quite flush, hence the leak. Just a thought, as I said :happy:
  • Like 1

I can't quite remember :think: Last time mine had a leak in the boot I traced it to that, had to take the inner boot trim off and noticed the pipe wasn't quite flush, hence the leak. Just a thought, as I said :happy:

Thanks again Lee.

My leak seems to be coming down the actual rear panel from somewhere, to the right of the boot opening. It leaks down from above where the rear light is situated (arrowed in pic), so I don't think taking the cover off the boot lid is going to reveal anything in my case.

I was wondering if it is may be leaking in through the roof rail strips somehow, then flowing down into the back? I don't know if this is possible, but just a thought. It can't be a leaking in through the fuel cap access as this is below where the drips are coming from as well. The only other places I can think of are the boot hinge mounting (seems unlikely), or the gas strut mounting which also seems unlikely?

Oh well, hopefully someone will have seen this before and shed some light on it for me.... :think:

• Like 1

• 4 years later...