3 months and 5K Miles - Living with a V6

Well, I've now hit 5K miles in the first three months of ownership. It has seen three long runs (for me anyway) - one to Birmingham, one to the Lake District (via Peak District) and one to Stratford-Upon-Avon.

The engine around town, initially a little disappointing, is now much better as it feels a lot more loose. In fact the engine is an absolute gem and by far the best aspect of the car. I had been to the tuners to discuss having a re-map, but I no longer think it is required.

Fuel consumption is 29.164 mpg with a best of 31.747 and a worst of 26.255 (early tankful).

Regrets:

Not getting the power tailgate

Not getting paddle shift (did start a dialogue with Shark for a retrofit, but in the end they never got back to me - may still get it done)

Love the car immensely - the Pano Roof, Kessy, Stereo Upgrade, Space, Colour, Performance, Cruising - so quiet, ride all great

4x4 came in very handy as snow hit the Lake and Peak district whilst there and car felt very sure footed - no dramas at all.

I'm at nearly 6000 miles now, and my MPG is just starting to improve. I'm seeing 35 on a fair run now and high 20s in town. This engine just gets better and better :D I was thinking remap mainly for the power delivery rather than outright BHP. I go through the peak district fairly often, and I'd go as far as saying this car's fun to chuck into corners. It grips very well even with the continentals on it. The engine sounds great when the revs go up aswell. Sounds like a Nissan GT-R on Gran turismo 5 :p Mine has a slight rattle in the exhaust when cold and goes in about 30 seconds, does yours?

All in all, great car. Everyone that goes in it agrees aswell :D

Glad you are enjoying it. The power tailgate is slow or at least appears that way on the YouTube videos. You got so many options on it I'm sure its still a dream.

Mine is due in a couple of weeks :)

good to hear you are enjoying the new car.i have the power tailgate which is a bit slow but great to have and the load cover going back as in opens is very handy.i am still thinking about the paddles at shark i tried them on a demo car and they where fine but i think they are a bit on the short side kept hitting the indicator stalk instead of paddles when trying to Chang gear.think i am going for the remap at amd in purfleet Essex £400?

bill

I'm at nearly 6000 miles now, and my MPG is just starting to improve. I'm seeing 35 on a fair run now and high 20s in town. This engine just gets better and better :D I was thinking remap mainly for the power delivery rather than outright BHP.

Ditto ..........

Only (small) gripe with the car is an annoying squeal from the right hand brake disk occassionally, no other rattles or quirks I am pleased to say. I have been told the squeal is brake dust and invariably a good power wash of the front wheels removes the problem. It is happening more rarely these days, however.

It is one hell of a car and so pleased I took the plunge - I just can't get over have relaxing a drive it is, quiet, quick, effortless and surprisingly agile,

After 15 months in mine can only agree with the comments above. Power tailgate is useful (especially on wet days), and I wouldn't be without the paddle shifts - they are surprisingly useful even for suburban driving. A re-map made a real difference to the whole "feel" of the car, and I'd recommend to anyone - the low-end torque is great around town, and the extra power - let's just call it fun ! :giggle: