Does your 1.2 TSI do this?

My_Yeti

The more I drive my 1.2 TSI, the more I like it, it seems to have much more power now than it used to (17000 miles, nearly 2 years now).

I am due to take it in for the 2 recall work done this week (turbo shim and badge). There are two other niggles that I thought I might mention and want to see if it is the same problem with other 1.2 owners.

The car makes a grinding/coin jiggering noise when accelerate at low rev in 1st gear - it has been present since nearly new, it's almost like a chain rattle, it is the most pronounce when cold, does not appear in other gears when pulling from 1000 rpm, could this be the turbo rattle that they are trying to fix?

For the last many months when I reverse park, it is easy to engage reverse, however it is very stiff when I try to move it back to neutral, even when I blipping the throttle, it's still very stiff. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

Forgot about another thing, Sometimes, it make a loud groaning noise when started in the morning, not always though, it lasts about half a second, anyone experience the same thing?

PS. Saw this thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/231462-fabia-recall-march-2012/page__st__30

Could the grinding/coin jiggering noise be a chain rattle?

Edited by My_Yeti

Just got it back from the dealer - apparently some Yeti has the same reversing problem, anyway it has been logged so if anything comes up soon after the warranty period, I would have something to stand by.

WRT the grinding noise, it is only noticeable when cold, so not surprised that it could not be traced. Anyway, would leave the car with them next time I pop in.

The recall work actually provide a much more linear acceleration - there is much less turbo lag. Curiously, it is now as good to drive as the 1.2 TSI 85 (Roomester, 11 reg) that I drove, which has less turbo lag than my pre-recalled Yeti.