Stage 2 map check. Have I left anything out?

I am trying to prep my Fabia for its first stage 2 map but I am not sure if I have left anything else out that can affect the map.

Two things I know I have left out is the 4 bar map sensor and a pd 160 air intake. Do I really need these to get the best map or will the 2 items mentioned just affect the BHP/torque a little bit. I can handle a small lose but if its a massive loss then I will buy the map sensor + pd 160 air intake.

Fabia Vrs (pd150 garret hybrid)

Southbend SMF uprated clutch 400lbs.

Jetex full exhaust.

Piper Cross panel filter.

Large uprated FMIC with custom pipes.

Have I missed anything else out for the upcoming stage 2 map?

Thanks in advance for looking :)

I'd say you could do with the pd 160 pipe. If Seat decided it was needed for the Ibiza Cupra TDI then I'd say you should get it considering you are likely to be pushing 200 bhp with that lot. If you don't fancy spending £100 on a piece of black pipe then maybe make up something yourself!

Also there have been a few horror stories on here regarding 'uprated' panel filters falling to bits. Standard ones seems to be better.

Also, If I'd spent £1000 on a uprated clutch and got a FMIC and a new exhaust, I'd be going for a hybrid turbo too for the sake of another £500 or so...

Joe

You could do with a better intake pipe. If you take the standard one off you can see where it's narrower. Then take the trumpet off the slam panel end and wonder at the smallness of the hole in it.

PD160 or custom intake pipe is more worthwhile than the filter IMO.

http://autospeed.com/cms/title_PoweringUp-the-19-litre-TDI-Part-2/A_112211/article.html

^ I don't like his 90 degree turn into the airbox either mind... Though his intake pipe technique is "interesting" and "cheap". :)

J.

Cool, well some kinda pd160 air intake pipe it is then thx..

Joe I do have a hybrid turbo, a pd garret 150 hybrid :)

How about 4 bar map sensor?

I thought you just had the standard 150.

Re the map sensor. If youre planning to push the turbo to its limits, say 230, 240 bhp then it may be worthwhile having the 4 bar sensor.

Speak to your tuner, they will know.

I know boost gauges aren't super accurate, but when I had a hybrid turbo on my Ibiza it would bang straight up to 30psi (that's as high as the gauge went) and then drop to below 30psi but you won't be running over 2 bar sustained boost (at least not for very long) so a 3 bar sensor should OK

Oh I noticed no one said out about De Cat? No I NEEED this done first before the stage 2 map??

Anyone know how much BHP will be lost if I keep my Cat on & will I notice a huge difference with it De Cat? I don't really want a De Cat but if it makes a huge difference then I will get it done,

Also is there a issue with the MOT pass? Ive heard they just do a smoke test and not emissions on diesels...

• 2 years later...