Back in an Octavia - Just ordered a new one!

After a lot of messing about trying to find a good used one with low miles and good options, I decided to order a brand new one as i managed to get my local dealer to match DriveTheDeal's price. It does feel good to know I will be back in an Octy soon as while I love the BM, it is not that practical and will be even worse with my new nipper on the way!

Spec ordered:

Vrs TSI Race Blue Hatch

Maxidot

Rear park sensors

Sunroof

Spare Wheel

Heated Seats

Total cost £17897 which is a steal as far as I can see?

Will take 15-16 weeks to be made though due to the sunroof so still plenty of time to enojoy the BMW and my new baby isn't due until August ;)

I couldnt see an option for Bluetooth but i still have time to change my order, what is the option called?

Excited now!

Ron

• Like 1

Awesome price! Well done! Enjoy your car!

I would agree with Jim though. With a little one on the way (I have two!), suggest you consider leather. Wipe down clean - no issues.

Cheers,

Dunc

• Like 1

Awesome price! Well done! Enjoy your car!

I would agree with Jim though. With a little one on the way (I have two!), suggest you consider leather. Wipe down clean - no issues.

Cheers,

Dunc

Trust me with kids on the way the last thing he'll be doing with his wife is getting jiggy on the back seats..............oh I see, kids = dirty shoes, requiring the seats to be easy to wipe clean

Trust me with kids on the way the last thing he'll be doing with his wife is getting jiggy on the back seats..............oh I see, kids = dirty shoes, requiring the seats to be easy to wipe clean

Yes, dirty seats, puke, spilt food etc. He'll be way past the 'getting jiggy' phase!

Trust me.....I have forgotten what the back seat is for ;)

Yeah I think you guys may be right, I can still add the option. Btw in the brochure it shows an option of Black cloth. Is that still the half leather but with no grey bits or is it just a Black cloth seat?

Bluetooth only on DSG models as they are the ones that get the MFSW as standard, so you are looking at retrofitting a bluetooth system, my car (DSG) has teh factory bluetooth and its great fully integrated and is just perfect for my needs, so would recommend the retrofit.

Sounds like a nice spec VRS so good luck, and enjoy teh wait, on our new one we have ordered a sunroof as well, will be good!

I didn't go for leather but my 2 kids (4 years and 18 months ) haven't caused too much carnage in the back. I did however buy a couple of cheap mats from Ikea that sit under their child seats and protect the seats

My nipper's childseat left dimples - folded towel now, stops it...

Congrats on the return :thumbup:

As said, BT is DSG-only due to Skoda UK's very odd options policy. Why you can't have an MFSW on the manual vRS is beyond me- but anyway....

And the black cloth option is a new one, and looks lovely. Massively recommended if you're not going for leather, going on the pictures some of the new owners have put up. Black leather bolsters (as before), with a black alcantara centre to the seat and red stitch seat detailing. In addition, red stitching to the gear gaitor and steering wheel - looks awesome :rock: - well worth the £100 upgrade.

Isnt the black alcantara interior a free option now? As I have ordered black wheels and black interior and was only charged for one of them? As thats what came up on the computer.

There are some pics of the black interior on here and it looks great!

Black still costs, but is not on most dealers computers, so it just gets added to the overall price and shows £0 quite often(did on mine) I have it, but no pics as I'm on my phone and no idea how! Well, well worth it, even just for the red stitching!

I have a candy white VRS on order and went for the black alcantara with red stitching - I think it will look great on a white car but less sure on a race blue. I also went for the black Neptune alloys but will be losing them as soon as the car arrives as the Neptunes don't allow for the brembo calipers that will be going on unlike the old Zenith alloys.

Probably not everyones cup of tea but this is what I am replacing the Neptunes with. They are Ronal R41 18 x 7.5J with an ET of 45. The 8J had an ET of 35 which may be a bit too aggressive. I was surprised to see when test fitting to my current Octavia that there was still only about 2mm clearance! :whew:

r41tlarge.jpg

It will be good to see you back on the scene again, Ron! I look forward to some more 'How to' guides on the FL Octavia :)

Good stuff Muckipup! Rest assured....I have some plans for this new one. Essentially having looked at S3s and Cupras, I think it is cheaper to buy an Octy and then mod it to the level required ;)

Nice innit Ron?

I thought the alcantara was a no-brainer on a white car but when I see the pics again, I reckon it would look good on a race blue too.

Funny you should say that about the S3 and Cupra...I came to the same conclusion :p

Nice innit Ron?

I thought the alcantara was a no-brainer on a white car but when I see the pics again, I reckon it would look good on a race blue too.

Funny you should say that about the S3 and Cupra...I came to the same conclusion :p

Yeah I think that will look good with Race blue, there is Red on the outside with the calipers anyway.......hmmmmm tempted to add the xenons too ;) that's is the great thing about the octy, for the same price as a new Cupra, you can spec the crap out of it.

BTW loving that wheel choice, are you thinking of building a monster?

Black still costs, but is not on most dealers computers, so it just gets added to the overall price and shows £0 quite often(did on mine) I have it, but no pics as I'm on my phone and no idea how! Well, well worth it, even just for the red stitching!

Looks like it is a £100 option, so take off the vat and about £80 right now.

Yeah I think that will look good with Race blue, there is Red on the outside with the calipers anyway.......hmmmmm tempted to add the xenons too ;) that's is the great thing about the octy, for the same price as a new Cupra, you can spec the crap out of it.

BTW loving that wheel choice, are you thinking of building a monster?

:giggle: Yes!

I already have a new Quaife diff in the garage, another NQS BBK and am jumping on group buys ahead of time for bits and pieces and to save money. If I can sell my current car as is then great; if not I can take things like the Twintercooler and use it on the new car and sell other parts. Either way, the new car will be getting K04'd with delivery miles on the clock!

• Like 3

I didn't go for leather but my 2 kids (4 years and 18 months ) haven't caused too much carnage in the back. I did however buy a couple of cheap mats from Ikea that sit under their child seats and protect the seats

Good call, I've done that too. Couple of 'Neat Seats Car Protector' mats (Google it!) under the child seats. Catch quite a lot of the spillage. Excellent product.

My nipper's childseat left dimples - folded towel now, stops it...

My car seats have left dimples too. Too late for me. But, I LOVE the car so much, it might be a keeper, so less worried about selling price........and I normally change every 18 months or two years!