Fabia going Octavia arriving :)

Unfortunately my fabia vrs is being sent back and being replaced with a Octavia Vrs diesel in red.

Really looking forward to it, although i am abit gutted that the fabia will be going.

So would just like to introduce myself on the octavia mk2 section as i will be asking advice when it arrives.

Hi and welcome why is the fabia vrs is being sent back is there a problem or problems with it?I think the petrol vrs is good fun to drive,great engine even better after remap,bags of cabin space for the kids and a boot you could get lost in.

Im only 21 haha so no kids as of yet, yeah the fabia just had too many issues unfortunately as i love the car think its great when its working but just couldn't rely on it, the dealer has been fantastic about everything too. But i had a greenline octavia courtesy car and i liked that ha so thought maybe a vrs would be spot on

Cause a mates got a petrol octavia and he says he averages 24mpg along with the extra road tax it will cost and i go down south often so the better the mpg the better for me, diesel one will be quick enough for a daily car and can always map it if i fancy it

they are nice cars but I only got mine because I have kids and there is no other car that size anywere near as good as the vrs for the money,on the kids front,drive carefully accidents happen,I know first hand lol

Edited by 2WSR55PB

Yeah well thats was my trouble, i bought the fabia simply because for the money as nothing can compare on insurance and tax and performance wise is a nippy but i just cant rely on it enough to keep and i didn't want another one and with the 0% VAT offer i thought may give octavia a go as my replacement car, as there is nothing else i liked that was reasonable on the running side as I'm an apprentice needs to be affordable

I only do about 3k a year in mine so the mileage is never going to be an issue plus not a fan of the way diesel cars fell like to drive (all or nothing) with such low milage I would be asking for trouble with a diesel and probs cost is more in the long run

Edited by 2WSR55PB

I made a similar switch to you a while back. Diesel Fabia vRS to petrol Octavia vRS estate. Never looked back. As much as I loved the Fabia, I wouldnt go back to having a amall car again. Got family now and the practicality of the estate is excellent for family trips away. I average just over 28 MPG which isnt too bad.

What was wrong with your Fabia?

1)cause don't see many, 2)and personally i like the red ones with black wheels and tints 3) its the only one available out of red or white on the stock system thing 4) its worth more than fabia and costing no more haha

I made a similar switch to you a while back. Diesel Fabia vRS to petrol Octavia vRS estate. Never looked back. As much as I loved the Fabia, I wouldnt go back to having a amall car again. Got family now and the practicality of the estate is excellent for family trips away. I average just over 28 MPG which isnt too bad.

What was wrong with your Fabia?

Well im going petrol to diesel so hopefully ill see some gains in costs

Ur rite buying diesel as it holds it's value way better, u can't give petrol Vrs,s away here!

Can I ask why red it's a horrid colour ;(

I would rather buy the car I wanted rather than worry about what it's worth in two years. The good trade in I got for my CR in no way made up for the two years of dull driving experience I had in it.

Edited by Guest

Cause a mates got a petrol octavia and he says he averages 24mpg along with the extra road tax it will cost and i go down south often so the better the mpg the better for me, diesel one will be quick enough for a daily car and can always map it if i fancy it

I drive mine pretty hard and average slightly short of 30mpg. I averaged 37mpg in my CR. Not the massive difference people would have you believe.

I would rather buy the car I wanted rather than worry about what it's worth in two years. The good trade in I got for my CR in no way made up for the two years of dull driving experience I had in it.

Cause see colour affecting the drive of the car, also red was my first choice as like i said i like the red with black wheels, also petrol is not an option at all for me in octavia

I drive mine pretty hard and average slightly short of 30mpg. I averaged 37mpg in my CR. Not the massive difference people would have you believe.

Diesel all the way as i said before 15k in a 2.0turbo car is a lot of petrol along with tax and insurance so diesel it is and im happy with that

Diesel, petrol, red, white who cares, you've got a lot of car coming your way!

Any options or is it factory standard?

Will it come with the black Neptunes or are you retrofitting them after delivery?

When you get the black tints with the black wheels it'll look very smart, you'll soon realise that you'll need to black wrap or colour code the grill too!

Its a shame the 'black pack' that is available on the Fabia vRS isn't available on the Octavia, the big shiny headlights on the facelift Octavia could do with being toned down a little :giggle:

Diesel, petrol, red, white who cares, you've got a lot of car coming your way!

Any options or is it factory standard?

Will it come with the black Neptunes or are you retrofitting them after delivery?

When you get the black tints with the black wheels it'll look very smart, you'll soon realise that you'll need to black wrap or colour code the grill too!

Its a shame the 'black pack' that is available on the Fabia vRS isn't available on the Octavia, the big shiny headlights on the facelift Octavia could do with being toned down a little

Haha don't i know it I'm giddy, the wheels will be done after as i wanted them as the option extra however would mean a factory order and as it is a replacement vehicle id rather get the car asap, when the dealer gets it i'm going to ask if i can take wheels to be powder coating before i take delivery (i have a good relationship with dealer now haha)!! Also i believe it is standard spec, however ill be having the tints (not chavvy) just want it to look nice and as it would come from the factory, also im considering lights and grille, there is a red 61plate petrol vrs on auto trader at the minute that gave me the inspiration. But prioritising:

1) Wheels

2) Tines

3) Grille

4) Lights

Diesel all the way as i said before 15k in a 2.0turbo car is a lot of petrol along with tax and insurance so diesel it is and im happy with that

You might find that 15k is under the annual mileage whereby diesel is more cost effective but others that have done the sums will I am sure correct me if wrong. It's certainly marginal I would say. I got my CR for a change to see if I liked diesel but never got on with it, I wasn't looking to save on fuel costs. As I have said before I found it a bit of a compromise, neither particularly good mpg or particularly good performance. Nice engine to drive just wasn't for me.

Edited by Guest

5c28fd60-3392-b693.jpg

Looks good but needs lowering and black grill surround.

Has anyone used a tint film on their fl lights? Quite fancy doing it to mine.

Edited by Guest

I'm assuming that image has been Photoshopped?

Skoda really need to offer tinted headlights as an option.

It does prove that the chrome grill really needs to go :giggle: