Fabia going Octavia arriving :)

Give these a consideration, expensive at £700 but they are genuine black Neptunes from a Skoda dealer.

Take the money you'll get back from selling your brand new silver Neptunes off the cost of these and it'll be cheaper than getting them painted!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-OCTAVIA-SET-4-X-NEPTUNE-VRS-ALLOY-WHEEL-7-5J-X-18-BLACK-/320859583217?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda&hash=item4ab4b8b2f1

You might find that 15k is under the annual mileage whereby diesel is more cost effective but others that have done the sums will I am sure correct me if wrong. It's certainly marginal I would say. I got my CR for a change to see if I liked diesel but never got on with it, I wasn't looking to save on fuel costs. As I have said before I found it a bit of a compromise, neither particularly good mpg or particularly good performance. Nice engine to drive just wasn't for me.

Well I'm afraid your disapproval will not change my mind, i don't want a petrol octavia and am not going to have one, i regurlarly drive a scirocco with the same engine and im happy with it and there is enough power

• Like 1

I'm assuming that image has been Photoshopped?

Skoda really need to offer tinted headlights as an option.

It does prove that the chrome grill really needs to go

I don't think so its the one off of auto trader. I personally like it a lot and looks different to all octavia iv seen about.

Ill take a look at those wheels

Unfortunately my fabia vrs is being sent back and being replaced with a Octavia Vrs diesel in red.

Really looking forward to it, although i am abit gutted that the fabia will be going.

So would just like to introduce myself on the octavia mk2 section as i will be asking advice when it arrives.

Best colour ;)

I only do about 3k a year in mine so the mileage is never going to be an issue plus not a fan of the way diesel cars fell like to drive (all or nothing) with such low milage I would be asking for trouble with a diesel and probs cost is more in the long run

Clearly you haven't driven a CR - Very petrol like to drive.

You might find that 15k is under the annual mileage whereby diesel is more cost effective but others that have done the sums will I am sure correct me if wrong. It's certainly marginal I would say. I got my CR for a change to see if I liked diesel but never got on with it, I wasn't looking to save on fuel costs. As I have said before I found it a bit of a compromise, neither particularly good mpg or particularly good performance. Nice engine to drive just wasn't for me.

Diesel is always more cost effective 9 times out of 10. Everytime a thread like this pops up the same argument occurs. £600-700 more for the diesel. 30mpg (£2200 over 10k) vs 50mpg(£1340 over 10k).....theres your money back in one year or 25mpg vs 45mpg if you are enjoying it (As i have said before you must drive like a nutter to get that low MPG or there was something wrong with it), That £600-700 back when you sell, easier to sell, cheaper tax, same servicing costs.....etc etc.

Had mine tinted with a light smoke and think it looks very OEM.

2011-06-10163946.jpg

2011-06-10163918.jpg

I was thinking of PlastiDipping my grill to get rid of the chrome

Buy the car you want and enjoy!

Edited by jrw

Best colour

Diesel is always more cost effective 9 times out of 10. Everytime a thread like this pops up the same argument occurs. £600-700 more for the diesel. 30mpg (£2200 over 10k) vs 50mpg(£1340 over 10k).....theres your money back in one year or 25mpg vs 45mpg if you are enjoying it (As i have said before you must drive like a nutter to get that low MPG or there was something wrong with it), That £600-700 back when you sell, easier to sell, cheaper tax, same servicing costs.....etc etc.

2011-06-10163946.jpg

2011-06-10163918.jpg

Thanks for that matey, that how I'm wanting my tints like, is it light or medium smoke?!!

I am buying as the petrol fabia was affordable to run however with tax insurance and extra on petrol it would shove the cost up even more and as i said earlier I'm only an apprentice so finds are short at the moment haha i never even considered a petrol, i look forward to getting although i will miss the fabia (aka shrek) but getting more car :)

Erm think its a medium tint....40% rings a bell?? Looks darker from the side. Very similar to the Golf GT/GTI level of tint on the MK5 (compared samples to my dads motor as wanted similar tints to his OEM) £150 well spent anyway.

Got mine done from here - http://tintmaster.eu/index.php Don't know where you are in the country though.

Best colour ;)

2011-06-10163946.jpg

2011-06-10163918.jpg

I saw 50mpg once, rarely 45mpg, and averaged 37mpg. Like I said the gap between petrol and diesel isn't as big as people think. If you can manage 50mpg in the diesel you'll probably get 40+ out of the tsi.

Well I'm afraid your disapproval will not change my mind, i don't want a petrol octavia and am not going to have one, i regurlarly drive a scirocco with the same engine and im happy with it and there is enough power

It's not disapproval, I don't care whether you buy diesel or petrol, I'm stating my opinion having owned both.

I saw 50mpg once, rarely 45mpg, and averaged 37mpg. Like I said the gap between petrol and diesel isn't as big as people think. If you can manage 50mpg in the diesel you'll probably get 40+ out of the tsi.

I doubt it, i drive normally (70mph on motorway, speed limits on all other roads), i'm not lol. Driving like lol claims to i can see 64mpg :)

2012-03-29162153.jpg

• Like 1

The fabia i know is a different engine and sized car but i get 32mpg round town with my driving and 46mpg on a run so I'm sure ill see improvements over that!!

Thats what I'm after regarding the tints, same as what fabia has got so i presume it would be about 40% yes maybe, I'm in yorkshire but ill have a look at the link

The fabia i know is a different engine and sized car but i get 32mpg round town with my driving and 46mpg on a run so I'm sure ill see improvements over that!!

Thats what I'm after regarding the tints, same as what fabia has got so i presume it would be about 40% yes maybe, I'm in yorkshire but ill have a look at the link

Probably a little far then!

I test drove the furby VRS last year....great little nippy car. Feels faster than the VRS but thats more because of the size more than the power i think and the go kart like handling.....that and the fact that every car that you don't own is the fastest car in the world!

I am sure you will enjoy it and look forward to see pics and a review of it compared to the Furby. Only thing that put me off the Fabia was the quality of the interior and the fact it looks too tall!

I test drove the furby VRS last year....great little nippy car. Feels faster than the VRS but thats more because of the size more than the power i think and the go kart like handling.....that and the fact that every car that you don't own is the fastest car in the world!

I am sure you will enjoy it and look forward to see pics and a review of it compared to the Furby. Only thing that put me off the Fabia was the quality of the interior and the fact it looks too tall!

I would expect that the fabia, with less weight and more power, to be faster. Not sure of the power to weight ratios but I would expect it to be similar to the tsi vrs. Never driven one though but as you've said it will feel fast being smaller. I agree that it's a bit slab sided too and need lowering to compensate.

Edited by Guest

Yes a little far ha, yes its alright the fabia, interior is dull compared to the octavia but still very comfortable, ride is nice too but i agree ride height is high which was going to sorted if i was keeping the car, but obviously fabia will feel quicker etc etc but i like octavia so i care about power itll be enough 170bhp.

Yes ill get some pictures uo hopefully with the black wheels but will have to see if i get chance straight away

I would expect that the fabia, with less weight and more power, to be faster. Not sure of the power to weight ratios but I would expect it to be similar to the tsi vrs. Never driven one though but as you've said it will feel fast being smaller. I agree that it's a bit slab sided too and need lowering to compensate.

I can only go on book figures and they are the same as the petrol octavias

Yes a little far ha, yes its alright the fabia, interior is dull compared to the octavia but still very comfortable, ride is nice too but i agree ride height is high which was going to sorted if i was keeping the car, but obviously fabia will feel quicker etc etc but i like octavia so i care about power itll be enough 170bhp.

When I was looking to come back to Skoda I had my heart set on a Fabia Vrs. Test drove Fabia and Octavia Cr Vrs back to back. The difference is massive. Found the Fabia small, and very noisy. The Octavia was just perfect. In regards to speed, couldn't notice any difference.

Bought a octavia Cr Vrs DSG in the end and never looked back. Plenty of power and never found myself wanting more. With the Cr it has an even power delivery, not like my old 1.9 PD 130. Even found myself spinning the wheels in 3rd gear on a damp road!! Just started commuting in mine and driving like a normal person I'm averaging 50mpg. Most I've got is 57 mpg. Had the car 8 months now and my overall average is 48mpg. I'm well happy. I'm sure your be mega happy with yours and look forward to seeing pics, especially of the tints as I'm thinking about getting mine done.

When I was looking to come back to Skoda I had my heart set on a Fabia Vrs. Test drove Fabia and Octavia Cr Vrs back to back. The difference is massive. Found the Fabia small, and very noisy. The Octavia was just perfect. In regards to speed, couldn't notice any difference.

Bought a octavia Cr Vrs DSG in the end and never looked back. Plenty of power and never found myself wanting more. With the Cr it has an even power delivery, not like my old 1.9 PD 130. Even found myself spinning the wheels in 3rd gear on a damp road!! Just started commuting in mine and driving like a normal person I'm averaging 50mpg. Most I've got is 57 mpg. Had the car 8 months now and my overall average is 48mpg. I'm well happy. I'm sure your be mega happy with yours and look forward to seeing pics, especially of the tints as I'm thinking about getting mine done.

They are really a different class of car arent they, the reason i bought the fabia was cause i was 20 and ordered it nearly a year ago now and had to wait due to the long delivery times, received it in september then i seemed to have grown up haha also there is the case of "iv had a fabia vrs" haha

Ill get pictures straight away