How big is a Yeti's Boot?

io1901

I don't think I have seen actually dimensions of any boot in any brochure - so have been visiting dealers with a tape measure. So far I haven't found a Yeti so could some kind person measure the depth (back to front) and width (left to right) in cm?

No point in looking for one if the Dog Crates don't fit. (for info dog crates are 96cm wide and 78cm long and 56cm high)

Just measured mine, width is 100cm (between the wheel arches), depth is ~74cm with the rear seats fully back, and ~86cm with them pushed fully foward. I guess the crate will fit if you move the rear seats forward ~4cm.

• Like 1

Yes,I measured it about 70cm by 105cm.

Our large dog box (Springer Spaniel sized.)fits on one side with 1 chair almost fully forward and thecentre seat back folded.

There's many permutations with the rear seats,it's best to experiment with your cage in an actual Yeti.

Ours has the raised boot floor with spare wheel fitted.

To be honest you need to visit a dealer with your crate and play.

There is no real answer to this question as the rears seats can be individual have;

Backs reclined as different angles

Backs folded flat

Seats rolled up

Seats removed

Outer Seat moved forward/aft

I have 2 different sized crates for our Springer and large one for the house and a smaller one for travelling.

The smaller fits end on with just the backs moving leaving me with half the boot to play with

The larger one fits across the boot leaving no space for anything else.

Thanks for all the replies - very useful. Might be a bit of squeeze especially as we have to fit my daughter and all her stuff in the back as well.

We,ve got a Lintran DB3 Tracker in our Yeti (which has the raised floor/spare wheel option). http://www.lintran.co.uk/products/transit-boxes/db3-tracker-128.html Having fibreglass back and sides keeps the rest of the car a lot cleaner than an all-mesh crate. Expensive but they hold their value well. We also had a Crufts crate, I think the 1104, in there.

The dog's a bit bigger than this now, but there's room for him (he's a Duck Toller - roughly Border Collie size) and his friend Mack who's a chunky Chocolate Lab.

1082644621_8xnnU-M.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yes,I measured it about 70cm by 105cm......Ours has the raised boot floor with spare wheel fitted.

Could someone please nip out to the Yeti with a tape and complete the data? We need to know the available clear height from the raised boot floor to the underside of the parcel shelf.

All you need to know is that a Yeti's boot is just marginally bigger than his foot.

I told m'lady that the guys here are a helpful bunch.

44cm from the spare wheel raised floor to the underside of the parcel shelf.

Just what we needed to know. Many thanks, dbg400.

Actually, Bob, you're not far off. Our Yeti (when it arrives) will (should) have 16" feet. Equals 1'-4". 44cm = approx 1'-5 1/4".

• Like 1

Actually, Bob, you're not far off. Our Yeti (when it arrives) will (should) have 16" feet. Equals 1'-4". 44cm = approx 1'-5 1/4".

There you go! Now there are some people on here (naming no Welsh names) who would have sent me to the corner for my earlier reply!

• Like 1

Here is all you need to know (well in litres anyway) ....

Thanks, Johann, but litres are not relevant in my present case. 1000mm w x 740mm d x 440mm h seem to be the working dims, rear seats right back, raised floor to the underside of the shelf.

As has been said elsewhere, the boot floor area of my current XT is generous, whereas the height floor-to-roller blind (no shelf) is anything but! I have to know what, of my typical loads, will fit the (eventual) Yeti and what needs to be reconfigured.

PS With the benefit of an actual Yeti to measure, I should now post a caveat about the clear height - see #29 below :nerd:

Edited by brijo

I have to know what, of my typical loads, will fit the (eventual) Yeti and what needs to be reconfigured.

Perhaps you should try the trick my stepson did when getting his van.

He's a professional musician.

He turned up at various dealers with all his musical kit. Keyboards, guitars, PA, lights etc etc and tried to fit it in the various options he was looking at.

After much huffing and puffing he settled on a Berlingo, which I have to say has been great.

Take your stuff to the dealers and do some trials, that way you wont have to wait for your car to be delivered.

As the orginator of this thread I did exactly what vegit8 suggested - managed to find a Yeti turned up to the dealership with the dog cages and daughter to see what gave the most overall bootsize and internal cabin rear cabin space. It was too much of a compromise with the Yeti - either a bigger boot or smaller space.

Love the dogs!

Bob - serious question: which dog guard is that? and can you still fit the shelf? (Alright, two questions.)

That is Murphy, my flat-coated retriever (who had just been for a swim). The dog guard is the Skoda one. I've never tried to fit the shelf since the dog guard was put in, so I really don't know.

can you still fit the shelf?

Just been to try, short answer seems to be 'no'. I think it would actually fit, if I could get it in (no Bobdog, don't go there). The problem is I can't get an angle to actually get the shelf into position , it fouls against the door (hatchback) frame, or the dog guard. I'm guessing that without the guard in place you'd angle it over the rear seats, then get it square and bring it back into place.

• 1 month later...