Swap FL Octavia L & K wheels for Elegance?

Hi

New to this - so this could be a daft question - or one that's been asked before.

I've got a 2009 FL Octavia Estate 1.8Tsi in Laurin & Klement trim.

I want to swap the wheels and tyres (17" 7J Cepeus alloys shod with 225/45 R17 91W tyres) for something genuine but with a higher profile - for lots of reasons.

What I don't know is what this might do to the speedo calibration.

For instance, would a straight swap for the current SE Plus and Elegance wheels (16" 6.5J Crateris alloys on 205/55 R16 91V tyres) work?

Thanks

Peter

The Elegance 16" alloys will work fine, in fact all of the the 16" Skoda alloys will fit fine, so long as they have the correct tyres to ensure the correct rolling radius.

205/55/16 tyres have roughly the same rolling radius as the 225/45/17 tyres.

check:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7&offset=38&width2=205&aspect2=55&diameter2=16&wheelwidth2=6&offset2=20&Submit=Submit

in fact all of the the 16" Skoda alloys will fit fine, so long as they have the correct tyres to ensure the correct rolling radius.

Not quite.

The MKI Octavia, Fabia & Roomster use 5x100 PCD, whereas the MKII Octavia, Superb and Yeti use 5x112.