Any good tips for buying a set of Themisto alloys?

So in the near future I want to buy a spare set of Themistos to put winter tyres on. Yes I've thought about the pros and cons of steels and decided to go this way.

So other than the dealers price of around £160 each, are there any other cheaper options? Not seen any second hand ones on the bay in spite of seacrhing a few times, new ones are the same as dealers plus an ebay premium.

Any suggestions?

i'm selling a set, - I was originally asking £155 ea inc p&p but am now asking £125 plus P&P although could arrange to meet part way for the cost of fuel.

Thanks, both of you.

After the link I saw the ad for these wheels. I was thinking new, but 6 months old is almost new anyway. It would be most of a day out to collect, so do you know what it would cost to send? Or as you say, maybe we could meet part way? What would you want to meet in say Rugby?

I'd appreciate a picture of the damage you mention. Minor I can live with, but one mans minor is anothers big problem.

I kept an eye on eBay for a set - and found a brand-new set of Luxon's for £400. - and put winter tyres on!

I was happy with this!

They are £167 on Skoda Accessories site - but have been told by a re-furb company, that a one-wheels re-furbishment may look odd, due to the "Diamond Cut" effect of the rims.

You could also put the Spectrum 16" Aloys on for winter? - £142 ea.

Considering the price of Audi and VW wheels, these are cheap!

Al.

Guys, could be a genuine error from my dealer parts dept, but I was quoted £288 inc VAT for a new Luxon alloy., (no tire). On the website as others have indicated at £167 inclusive of VAT. Has there been a price hike I'm not aware of?

A

So in the near future I want to buy a spare set of Themistos to put winter tyres on. Yes I've thought about the pros and cons of steels and decided to go this way.

So other than the dealers price of around £160 each, are there any other cheaper options? Not seen any second hand ones on the bay in spite of seacrhing a few times, new ones are the same as dealers plus an ebay premium.

Any suggestions?

I bought a set of second hand Thermistos on EBay last December for £250. A little tatty but had them chemically stripped and the odd kerb mark taken out or filled, then heavy duty powder coated. Now fitted with Avon Ice Touring tyres.

I bought a set of second hand Thermistos on EBay last December for £250. A little tatty but had them chemically stripped and the odd kerb mark taken out or filled, then heavy duty powder coated. Now fitted with Avon Ice Touring tyres.

What was the damage for the repair?

Slight kerb marks in general. One gouge on one of the spokes but that did not affect the integrity of the rim.

No sorry I meant pennies wise.

I've been in contact with David, and I'll be getting the wheels off him. The Avon Ice touring get good write ups so they are up my list for tyres. I'll be buying sometime soon as the prices tend to be lower when no one is thinking about winter!

PhilPix has Avon's on 18" Rims - i Went for Vredestine WintracXtreme's on 18" rims too. - we are both 4x4 and i can honestly say, that they performed exceptionally well in the 2010 winter!

Al.

No sorry I meant pennies wise.

Ah! That sort of damage lol. £40 each.........and they looked stunning afterwards. Even had a couple of people asking where I got them.

I had a Superb 4x4 through winter 2010 and that was great too even without winter tyres (not my cars so I had to leave it alone). So It should be even better, that's one reason I ordered the 4x4 for my own car.

Ah! That sort of damage lol. £40 each.........and they looked stunning afterwards. Even had a couple of people asking where I got them.

That is a good price.

• 1 month later...

Well, finally picked these up off David today. Many thanks, and nice to meet you and chat for a few minutes.