Occy Tdi Mods

Hi,

I have seen plenty of threads regarding the vrs but wondered if there are any recommendations on mods for the Tdi's.

Currently have a couple of interior mods being rear interior lights, golf mk4 arm rest, Golf mk4 aero wipers, dual rear fog light, upgraded headlight bulbs and number plate bulbs, aftermarket gear knob with collar. Blue fitted car mats and just ordered my Audi TT pedal covers.

Any ideas would be appreciated if anyone needs to know it is a Tdi 90. The runt of the litter lol but I love it

• Like 1

the 90bhp tdi isn't the runt, the catastrophically slow SDi is - 0 to 60 takes a very very very very very very very very very long time.

You could also look to change the seats to elegance or vrs spec or go for some golf/audi A3 seats.

Mechanically you could look at the cage mod and elephant hose mod. Depending on the mileage you may also want to consider cleaning the egr and inlet manifold.

Decat and a remap should get you about 110-120bhp and plenty more torque. I keep trying to convince my sister to do the same to her 90bhp Leon but 3 years on its still standard!

Handling and brakes are similar to the VRS i.e. you can fit coilovers or springs, and bigger brakes from other VAG cars.

Decat and a remap should get you about 110-120bhp and plenty more torque. I keep trying to convince my sister to do the same to her 90bhp Leon but 3 years on its still standard!

Handling and brakes are similar to the VRS i.e. you can fit coilovers or springs, and bigger brakes from other VAG cars.

Would vrs springs/shocks fit like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-AJUSTABLE-LOWERING-SPRING-KIT-FRONT-SHOCKERS-VW-GOLF-/270966452017

You could always upgrade the front brakes to VRS spec 312mm. Depends what size your current brakes are (288mm or 280mm) as to whether that's an easy thing (new caliper carriers and new discs) or a bit more difficult (new hubs plus calipers and discs). It could be done using parts from a scrapped vehicle for less than £100.

Probably only worth doing that if you remap it though.

As a fellow 90 Pilot, I love mine to pieces too, and yeah, it loses out at the top end, but it gets there with vigour the whole way up the box

Unless your track daying it, or drive the Autobahns very often, its helping you avoid speeding fine ;-)

Upgrading the interior to nicer/newer feeling place to be and some mechanical mods, like poly bushing ARBs Brake upgrades. Diesel spec'd Coilys, and VRS bumpers/ spoiler pretty much make up my wishlist.

Cant do any of them as yet though, every spare few bobs are going into the wedding fund... dont think the future missus would be happy if i told her id canceled the band coz i wanted Coilovers for me car!!

and i thought my mileage was high at 163k! mines still a baby. I am in the same situation as you with the 90hp tdi but it does what it say on the tin, and i was at coombe the other weekend and had SO much fun although i got passed by everyone! to keep the insurance low i'm only doing cosmetic and refurb stuff really

• 1 month later...

I'm also part of the club, 1.9TDI 90bhp Estate :)

Mines on 99,500 ish at the mo, so just a newborn in comparison!

After having owned a 1.8T Golf remapped to over 200bhp, it's not as near as quick, however I'm loving the mpg!!

I am considering remapping it, but am unsure (this being my first diesel) of the implications on other engine parts -clutch, dual mass flywheel etc

Has anyone also considered/done this? Would be good to see some pics of your car mate!

Well i'm part of the TDI 90 crew it seems ;)

I'll be tinkering continously as I can't help but tinker.

But for starters i've:

Swapped the headunit out

Swapped the speakers out for some cheapy alpine coaxials (because it was easy and I don't really require components)

Swapped the seats out for some Bora Sport seats (which are very comfortable)

Swapped the aerial for a stubby

Continuing on from this, my next list of stuff to do would be mainly maintenance such as:

Replace all vac hoses

CCV elephant hose mod

Intake manifold and EGR clean and blank off

Turbo cleaning

Fix door lock microswitches

Body work fixup (rust spots, chips etc)

After that, it'll be:

Finish painting wheels (though they're just about done and look looooooovely!)

Arch vent mod for SMIC (I won't be running enough for a FMIC... That is obviously subject to change down the line lol)

Coilovers

Brake upgrades (so if anyone has a set of standard VRS hubs/carriers/calipers they want to put aside for me... ;))

And then...

EGT & Boost Gauge installs

I'll be fashioning an oldman intake...

Replace lower intercooler pancake pipe with a 1.8T pancake pipe

Replace upper intercooler pipe with better piping

Replace exhaust from downpipe back w/decat

And THEN:

Replacement intake manifold & EGR (PD130)

Replacement upgraded nozzles (darkside devs earmarked already)

And finally:

Remap (Shark likely!)

This is a long-termer but I reckon I could probably get most of this done myself barring the remap pretty comfortably.

I quite like the old ALH beast. Lol!

I reckon I should probably start a project journal in a couple of days. Lol!

EGR delete kit from allard, PD 150 inlet manifold, PD 130/150 injectors, Solid boost piping, and a remap.. job done lots of go go!

my Bora TDI

SDC13314.jpg

EGR delete kit from allard, PD 150 inlet manifold, PD 130/150 injectors, Solid boost piping, and a remap.. job done lots of go go!

my Bora TDI

SDC13314.jpg

I shall be picking your brain for infos soon ;)