Car stolen this morning

Gutted :( that feeling when you walk outside and first notice is awful.

Sadly it's easier than most people think to steal cars, OK your average scroat will lack the knowledge/skills to do so but you can easily get in without a key or causing damage, the hardware to beat the immo. is reasonably inexpensive and idiot proof, after that it's just the steering lock and ignition which don't put up much of a fight. Fitting an alarm and extra physical security may seem like overkill but it's worth it if it's blaring away while the muppet is trying to work, given the choice a thief will go with whatever is easier and less risky.

As mentioned really sorry to hear this, my dad had a car stolen off his drive, they did recover it after the scrotes went into a petrol station and filled up and didnt pay, so they had them on CCTV. They blew the gearbox up from ragging it, which in hindsight was a good thing as my Dad didn't want the car back after the scrotes had been in it.

I remember when my father's immaculate MK2 RS2000 was stolen, the truly sad thing is they drove it half a mile and burnt it out... No crashes or anything, just torched it for no apparent reason!

Sorry to hear about this. I would be pushing the insurance co. hard to pay the value you had agreed to trade the car for on the basis it provides a reliable trade valuation.

Hey All,

Just woke up the morning to find my car missing after having it for 5 years :( I was trading it in next week against a leon FR+

If anyone spots but doubt it please give me a pm,

scotland, west lothian area, SH55 LXW, Silver fabia VRS

We'll keep an eye out for you. Are there any distinguishing features, or is completely standard? Where abouts in West Lothian was it taken from?

I will keep my eyes peeled too. Whereabouts was it taken from? Ie which part of west lothian?

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for late reply folks and thanks for the kind words :)

I stay in is around the West Calder area, lcr front spitter, new style vrs front badge, fabia badge removed at back but old vrs badge

Will keep my eyes out buddy.

Once had a stolen car parked in my estate, all the people in the street thought it was mine so didn't say anything for a week.

Is the car totally standard or any ways of telling it apart?

Apart from the reg obviously.

Edited by VRS 203

Guest BigJase88

How long does the insurance wait before paying out on a stolen car?

Thing is to be fair you dont want it back! Could have been used in a robbery, offroad, ragged to death, maybe even some junkies gear left in the back seat

Edited by BigJase88

I'm from livingston myself and I have seen a silver one about ! Although whether this was before it was stole I can't remember

Maybe it was me before it got pinched :) not many fabia vrs about our area cboyle7

• 3 weeks later...