vRS Zenith Alloy's - OEM Paint Code?

Hi all,

I had my original 18" Zeniths refurbed a few weeks ago.

To cut a long story short I'm not happy with the colour, being powder coated the silver finish is too dark, more grey than the bright silver they were - a disadvantage of poweder coating I'm told.

The repair was 100% top notch, very pleased with the finish and quality - its just the colour isn't what I expected/asked for.

The refurbers are being great, very sympathetic, understanding and apologetic and have offered to paint the wheels for me.

To make sure it is exactly as I want they've asked if I can provide them with a paint code so that they can match the colour to what it was originally.

Does anyone know the paint code for the standard OEM silver paint finish?

powder coated the silver finish is too dark, more grey than the bright silver they were - a disadvantage of poweder coating I'm told.

That's just not true. I had a single wheel of my set of winter-wheels powder coated. IIRC it was just standard sparkle silver that they used and it was a great match to the other three Skoda OEM silver wheels.

http://www.wheelpain..._Metalics_1.htm

Do you know if it was the 'Sparkle Wheel Silver Powder' or the 'German Wheel Silver Powder'?

I wonder if the colours they stock just aren't as close a match to OEM? I might suggest that they buy some of the powder coat in your link...

Well I spoke to Skoda UK today who had to check with Technical Support.

They tell me that there is no paint code for the silver on the alloys, all they could say is that they were powder dipped.

I just tell the refurber to do them 'sparkly silver' then!

Tried calling a local Skoda dealer with a bodyshop, the guy spoke to one of the painters there and he said that they use an Audi paint code on all of their Skoda alloy repairs: L1H7.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tried calling a local Skoda dealer with a bodyshop, the guy spoke to one of the painters there and he said that they use an Audi paint code on all of their Skoda alloy repairs: L1H7.

I wonder would this Audi paint code do for touching up chips on Vrs wheels?

• Thanks 1

Had to have one of my alloys refurbed after tyre "fitter" gouged a large hole in wheel when removing weights with what must have been a hammer and cold chisel, Finsh was slightly darker, I can see it, but other people can't, but honestly after a few miles of brake dust settling on it isn't noticeable, the finish is superb compared to the original and I am thinking of getting the rest done.

I picked my car up this afternoon with its new shiny wheels painted in Audi L1H7.

It is identical to the original Skoda vRS (Zenith) silver.

• Like 2

I'll take some pics at the weekend, but trust me I am seriously anal about clean, shiny silver alloys.

They are the most important thing cosmetically on any car - I love bright shiny silver, you can keep your blacks and brake dust coloured anthracites!

Audi L1H7 is spot on and looks ace!

• Like 1

Yeah the silver is really important, these Zeniths are one of the lightest/brightest silvers i've seen on alloys, almost a white silver so it would be interesting to get a colour match.

The lightest silver i've got from spray cans before was a base of white primer followed by Rover Silver Sparkle (MHN - paint code) which is a very light silver with fantastic sparkle/flake.

Looking foward to the pics although if you do it this weekend it may well be a lot of wet pics!

Ohh and agreed the Race Blue doesn't contrast well with other colours aswell as the standard silver

Edited by vrs777

Just looked up the code that Silver quoted and its a VW/Audi colour called Oxygen Silver Metallic(L1H7)

http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/ReferenceMaterials/~/media/Shared/ColorDocumentation/ColorCompatibility/2010_Audi_Side_Blade_Color_Compatibility.ashx

Also the colour of RS4,RS6 Alloys as found on an Audi Forum.

WOW mate they look awesome, i need my wheels done and like cant stand all this black and anthractite rubbish.

Cheers for gettin back wth pics they really do look awesome, best colour of car too ;)

Just a word of warning but don,t buy this touch up kit from Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-Wheel-Rim-Repair-Kit-AUDI-A2-A3-A4-A6-A8-TT-/260495168335?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3ca6b8d34f

Its not the same colour.Its just slightly darker and also the clear coat reacts with the Silver coat.Utter c**p.

Just a word of warning but don,t buy this touch up kit from Ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3ca6b8d34f

Its not the same colour.Its just slightly darker and also the clear coat reacts with the Silver coat.Utter c**p.

I've ordered some cans from paints4u, I can't find the code on the website but they can usually match any paint code so I've ordered through their custom service, 10 quid a can + delivery.

I've had silver paints off them before (VW Reflex + Rover MHN Silver Sparkle) and both have been very good with a much better flake than the stuff from Halfords which tend to have very fine flake.

Edited by vrs777

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that the paint from paints4u is as near as match as you will find, I sprayed a spare wheel (another make to check) and the match is very good. Very fine sparkle/flake and a nice light silver (use white primer)

So thanks to silver1011 - we now have a paint code for VRS alloys, maybe make this a sticky somewhere?

• Like 1