Assign seat position to key problem

I've fiddled around with the seat positions and done the procedure described in the manual to assign two separate settings to my two keys (my wife has shorter legs than me - thank God).

But it doesn't adjust to the correct position when I open the doors with the different keys, just stays in the last used position.

I did as follows:

Adjusted seats and mirrors to fit my preferences, press "Set" and "1". Turn off ignition, take out key and press "Open" within 10 secs. I get a "confirmation bleep".

Repeat procedure with key #2 after adjusting seat to fit my wife (set to memory 2).

When I lock the car with key #2 and then open again with key# 1, seats stay in position 2.

Anyone with the same problem?

It sounds like you might have the seat command module problem both me and my parents have had.

I think there is a service update being undertaken at the moment by Skoda that is a software update to the command module. This fixed the problem on my parents car. On my car, I needed the command module replaced.

Check with your local dealer and they should be able to tell you if your car is due the service update.

Hope that helps.

Anthony

• Like 1

I must admit that I use the memory functions. One setting for driving and one different seting for getting in and out of the car. To save potential damage to the seat bolster.

• Like 1

Dealer says there exists an update, although its not directly related to this issue. He set me up for an appointment, so hopefully this will fix it.

Thanx to adstalker for the tip :)

I must admit that I use the memory functions. One setting for driving and one different seting for getting in and out of the car. To save potential damage to the seat bolster.
Good tip - thanx ;)

Can you set  1-driver 1  2-driver 2  3-ignition off

So seat is in position 3 getting in/out and goes to driver 1/2 when you put the key in the igniton

Can you set 1-driver 1 2-driver 2 3-ignition off

So seat is in position 3 getting in/out and goes to driver 1/2 when you put the key in the igniton

Ohhhh, I didn't know that.... How clever! I'll be looking at that sometime tomorrow! Thanks for the tip!

Can you set 1-driver 1 2-driver 2 3-ignition off

Did not know you could do that will need to look that one up with my KESSY system.

Boo hoo... In my head I swapped the "Can you.." for what I wanted to see... "You can..."

Never mind, but thanks for pointing our Argee, quite a nice idea though, maybe one day. Less haste & all

Sorry for the confusion.

Just seems to me an obvious thing to have as an option and an easy thing to program.

But often a usefull features are missing.

• 4 weeks later...