Grinding noise then disappeared

Hello,

Just done 180 miles on my brand new 2.0TDI 140.

This morning on the final turn into my office car park, it sounds like a small stone was picked up into my wheel arch. Then this grinding noise starts at low speed coming from front passenger wheel area.

Stopped and checked found nothing. I decided to circle in the car park very slowly to identify its exact location and after 10-20 metres it disappeared just after I went into 2nd gear.

Is there anything I should worry about? I've booked a long weekend journey so if this noise doesn't repeat after work I'd prefer not to send it to the garage.

May also be a brake dust issue.

My V6 has a terrible screeching noise occassionally on right hand lock especially after driving in stop/start traffic for a while.

Goes away when back on motorways or cleaned with good power wash.

Certainly more evident when the car was new than now.

Checked, nothing on calipers, nothing on front drive shafts.

Drove on 50mph roads, 20mph roads with bumpers,

Nothing. So will go on my 310 mile trip tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Have had a similar problem with my V6 since new. Low forward speed, turning, stops when hitting the brakes, and annoyingly intermittent ! Dealer has had wheels off, brakes apart etc, and cannot find anything wrong...

Yes. Probably a stone in the brakes. Happens now and then..

Has happended to every car i have owned.. Just drive in reverse, brake and that bugger usually gets out.

My previous old Corolla has this sometimes due to brake dust.

I now think it was a stone and has gone since I have done 650 miles this weekend M90-A9-A99-A9-A82-A83-A82-M8, no problem at all.  

First filling (was full tank when take delivery @12miles odo) gives 41.7mpg (Inverness Tesco, 137.9p/L) and second 54.3mpg (Glasgow BP Ultimate Diesel, 143.9p/L )!