New Roomster!

Just put a deposit down on a Miami Blue 1.6 105 SE Roomster.

Added heated seats (for the wife) and Maxi Dot (for me heh).

First brand new car. Dizzy with anticipation!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the Welcome!

I had £1000 worth of additions in mind (inc. RRs) and I would have added but I just couldn't justify it in front of the wife :p

Edited by philipashby

you should have had ROOF BARS factory fitted , you will regret not having them as there is no retro bars on the market

for the roomster . with roof bars the roomstor is one of the best MPVs around

Would definitely have been something to spec when ordering, as i believe the cost then is somewhere over £100 whereas if you retrofit it's over £300. DIY jobs are a no-go unless you're 100% sure of the work... had my mechanic telling me of jobs done improperly where the roomster roof just rusts out from the self-made holes.

There is a great offer on Roomster SEs at the moment (25% off) but they are pre-built and don't have roof rails which I need. Without this offer I can't affort the car which is really frustrating as in allother ways it seems perfect :sweat:.

Is the £300 or so cost to retrofit mentioned above realistic? The guy in the showroom thought it would be over £1000 which seems ridiculous. I assume it would have to be done at a Skoda garage to keepthe warranty intact etc. Any ideas?

thanks

No 1000 is ridiculous. I went to a Skoda dealer to get a quote (for reference, it was http://www.parkviewskoda.co.uk/) and while i can't remember the exact price, it was a little over 300, maybe 350 -- inclusive of parts, labor and VAT.

If you can't afford the fit at the moment you can always get the discounted car now and bring it in at a later date to upgrade...

Edited by grafitti

There is a great offer on Roomster SEs at the moment (25% off) but they are pre-built and don't have roof rails which I need. Without this offer I can't affort the car which is really frustrating as in allother ways it seems perfect :sweat:.

Is the £300 or so cost to retrofit mentioned above realistic? The guy in the showroom thought it would be over £1000 which seems ridiculous. I assume it would have to be done at a Skoda garage to keepthe warranty intact etc. Any ideas?

thanks

I had the same problem with the 25% deal - needed to be able to carry bikes. i got round it by fitting a towbar instead. I am going to sell my roof carriers and buy a towbar bike carrier instead. I have to be careful wit the nose weight though.

Edited by Cowimars

I must admit in the 20 years I've been driving I have never put anything on my roof so no roof rails wasn't a deal breaker. Though it does look better with them, though not £3k better :)

• Like 1

I must admit in the 20 years I've been driving I have never put anything on my roof so no roof rails wasn't a deal breaker. Though it does look better with them, though not £3k better :)

Very wise. Consider if you really need them (have you ever used them during the last 10 years of car driving?). Otherwise a big deal is a big deal.

Dealer phoned to say no build date but July has come up. A bit vague and he did mention that a build date for June may be possible.

Will be spamming www.trackmyskoda.co.uk with my order number for here on :D

• 2 weeks later...

Phoned Skoda customer services who swiftly came back with a week 33 build date and an early September delivery. The date is, of course, fluid and I will phone again in a month or so.

trackmyskoda.co.uk has no dates available yet...

So from ordering to delivery will be about 15 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

Car to be built next week! Delivery estimated beginning of August. :)

Changed interior to the 2 tone dash. Preferred the lighter interior.

Also got a space saver tyre thrown in. Not a fan of the foam stuff.

Anyone know if there are any issues with seat covers + heated seats?

Anyone know if there are any issues with seat covers + heated seats?

August is near :-)

My Roomster is from October 2011, and I have not had any issues with heated seats or the seat covers.

Got to kids in the age of 3 and 5.

• 3 weeks later...

Took ownership of my Roomster today!

Car1.jpg

Out with the old in with the new. Great colour!

Car2.jpg

Love the rear light cluster!

Car4.jpg

Panoramic roof is so amazing!

Car3.jpg

Glad I chose the Ivory dash it's so much brighter and cheerier! Maxi dot is great too :)

Going to do a couple more photos when I remember to have a proper camera!

2 small gripes so far... rear window stuck down when using the "convenience" window mode and then trying to close it manually. Soon fixed itself by doing the convenience mode again and hasn't done it since...

Small stone chip on drivers door.

Driving is completely different from the 11 year old Fabia... not surprisingly! Loving the car! :rofl:

Looking at getting the armrest now someone has posted a pictorial guide :)

Armrest is "Marmite" with Roomy owners. Some love it, some hate it, and some find it gets in the way of the handbrake.

After reading members' experiences, I decided not to specify the armrest in mine.

It may be worth your while to sit in an armrest-equipped car (dealer?) before you commit.