Monte Carlo 1.6 diesel 105 bhp

must say service we had from beadles maistone was first class, may be clive will join and post as well

nothing to much trouble, what did she want to test drive, any questions, no pressure and everything explained clearly

must say service we had from beadles maistone was first class, may be clive will join and post as well

nothing to much trouble, what did she want to test drive, any questions, no pressure and everything explained clearly

Just as it should be, that makes a lot of difference and doesn't always happen.

It was nice to be treated as a owner not a 19 yr old girl who was ignored and father questioned which I had somewhere else :/ he literally spoke to me until I looked at my dad confused concerning ESP which I had to have hehe.

• Like 1

Lol @ diesel easier to drive than petrol - she's still young :rofl:

It's true though!

I'm 43, been driving for 26 years, but have owned diesels consistently since 1999 and I can honestly say I can stall a petrol car by looking at it.

Diesel driving is an addictive, acquired taste and you do not look back. :)

I found tr diesel one didn't feel like it was going to stall and I didn't hav to change gears as much as the petrol an my petrol ka is a nightmare for changing gears and stalling.

The petrol was quieter on the road than the diesel in the lower revs but when joining the motorway and on it the diesel was quieter :)

Hopefully I get my vrs test drive soon :D Clive will be getting more business in a few years

True - I never stalled my old diesel vRS or the diesel Ibiza FR :)

Not stalled the new petrol one either ;)

Edited by Ad Lav

The petrol was quieter on the road than the diesel in the lower revs but when joining the motorway and on it the diesel was quieter :)

Hopefully I get my vrs test drive soon :D Clive will be getting more business in a few years

70mph at 2000rpm on diesel makes a motorway journey better

I'm 43, been driving for 26 years, but have owned diesels consistently since 1999 and I can honestly say I can stall a petrol car by looking at it.

Diesel driving is an addictive, acquired taste and you do not look back. :)

I'm the same age and have since the late 90's owned a 1.8TD Mondeo, two diesel 2.0 Mondeo's, a C5 2.0 Hdi, a Jeep 2.8CRD, an Octavia 1.9TDi, a Fabia 1.9TDi, a Felicia 1.9D and currently a 2.0CR Passat DSG

So a diesel fan then yes. Of course I've owned many Petrols but liked the diesel mid range torque. I'd also owned Cossies and Scoobies and although the power was awesome there was massive lag below 3000rpm.

But a couple of years ago when I was looking to buy a new car and I tried the Octavia 2.0 VRS Diesel and Octavia 2.0 VRS Petrol back to back. The diesel was great as you'd expect but the Petrol was amazing, maximum lag free torque from 1700rpm and the same shove all the way to 5000rpm and maximum power from 5000rpm to 6000rpm. That car totally changed my view and since then I've driven the 1.2TSi, 1.4TSi single and twin charged, 1.8TSi, 2.0TSi and the Ford ecoboost 1.0, 1.6 and 2.0. These new direct injection turbo petrols are amazing especially when coupled to a crisp DSG style gearbox. I still prefered the liitle 1.2 TSi over the 1.6TDi even though it's a much smaller engine.

For an owner not doing mega miles they are an excellent choice. If I'd been doing 10k miles a year instead of 20k miles a year I would have spent £24k on a 2.0TSi Passat instead of the 2.0CR TDi.

So yes I'm a deisel fan and diesel owner but I'm forced to admit I now choose diesel because I'm forced to by fuel prices, I've always said I prefered the way diesels drive but now that isn't true, give me a TSI with DSG or Ecoboost with Powershift anyday.

And back to Sheppeygirl.

I'm sure you will be happy with your Monte, take your time with it and enjoy it.

Cheers

Lee

Edited by logiclee

I've been a diesel fan for many years, and several hundred thousand miles... but don't underestimate the modern small capacity forced induction petrols.... they are not "weak" compaired to deisel torque, like older petrol engines were ;) people may be suprised!

• Like 1

Fuel Economy is paramount these days, My monte does around 600 miles per tank :rofl:

For you and many yes but not everyone.

Low mileage users and people with more spare income look at other factors.

That's why there are owners on Briskoda with 3.6V6 4x4 Petrol Superbs and why Merc produce twin turbo V12 Petrols.

I could get near 1000 miles a tank in the Passat if I drove for economy and drove with the lorries but I'm happy enough getting around 700 to 750 miles until the light comes on and that's driving to the speed limits off motorway and keeping up with traffic on it.

That costs me around £200 a month in fuel which I'm happy budgeting for. If I got a job nearer home on the same money and was doing half the mileage then I could afford to run a car with half the economy and I would certainly do that. Probably why my past cars include many high powered turbo and V6 Petrols if I can afford to run them I will and that probably goes for most of us. If we were honest would we still drive the same car with double the income?

That takes nothing away from Sheppeygirl though, 19 yearold and made a very sound choice for her driving style and type of mileage.

Most 19 year olds I know would buy a chavved up 1.2 Corsa. :D

Cheers

Lee

I looked at. 1.3 tdi but the monte worked out around 80 a month cheaper lease wise do :) and also means I get the sporty car without the insurance the vrs was first choice but insurance knocked that out right away sadly

Most 19 year olds I know would buy a chavved up 1.2 Corsa. :D

Cheers

Lee

I chose the 1.6TDI Ecomotive Leon for my 30k miles a year for work, I can haz cookie and brownie points? :D

lol - I can see why the insurers wouldn't put you in a vRS - 19 years old in a group 27 car = £££

I am 27 and its just dropped to £370 fully comp with protected ncb etc etc

Yep insurance is a pain for young drivers now.

When I was 19 (1989) I had a 2.9V6 4X4 Sierra with turbo technics conversion, 66% drive rear and 34% front with limited slip diff in the rear. Drifting power slides were great fun.

Insurance was under £300 which would be around £550 in todays money.

Only 16mpg but Petrol was 38p per litre.

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

I'm looking at 850 ih for the monte carlo.... So aroUnd 100 more then my first year on tr ka, helps I have 2 years no claims come sept (I hope) as parents insured me on a 106 while I was learning... The vrs mk 1 is around 1000 for me currently which is a bit much so I've gone for the monte which is slightly expensI've but oh so worth it I think as a present to myself for lasting a year in my job and passing first level of accountancy exams... Most girls go shoes I go for a car :D

• Like 1