Your thoughts on buying a demonstrator Yeti please

frglee

Well, in seven days time I'll finally be in a position to buy a Yeti!

The original intention was to buy new but I've seen a Skoda Approved Yeti SE Greenline main dealer demonstrator with "about 1800 miles on the clock" - the salesman's words on the 'phone - which seems to fit the bill and "ticks all the boxes" as far as specification goes - it certainly looks good in the photographs.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on buying a demonstrator - pros and cons etc.

Regards, Lee.

Thank You for your extremely quick reply!

I must say the thought of "immediate delivery" is what started me looking at used models. Being the second keeper isn't too much of an issue. Whatever we go for will be with us for a very long time by which time it probably won't matter much.

I'm just a bit concerned about how demonstrators are treated by test drivers and possibly salesmen using them as general runabouts? though, of course. there will be at least a twelve months warranty supplied.

Best Wishes, Lee.

Still comes with what is left of the 3 year warranty

Which should, in this case, be two years and three months.

I wasn't too sure on Skoda's comments about the Used Warranty:

"Warranties will either be the remainder of Manufacturer's warranty, a ŠKODA Approved warranty or a combination of the two."

Regarding my comments about how demonstrators are treated; I suppose the same concerns apply to any used car.

Regards, Lee.

Edited by frglee

Even a bad driver would struggle to do that much damage in only 2,000 miles.

There was a 'would you buy an ex-hire car' thread not so long ago and there were a number of very happy owners who'd experienced no issues.

As above your Yeti will have the remainer of the three year warranty on it so any abuse should show up before it expires.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid about buying an ex-demo. A new car with a good chunk off the new car price!

Even a bad driver would struggle to do that much damage in only 2,000 miles.

There was a 'would you buy an ex-hire car' thread not so long ago and there were a number of very happy owners who'd experienced no issues.

As above your Yeti will have the remainer of the three year warranty on it so any abuse should show up before it expires.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid about buying an ex-demo. A new car with a good chunk off the new car price!

Thank You, that is what I was hoping to hear :happy:

The fact is, it's now a year since I first had a close look at the Yeti and decided it was the car for me and the thought of having to wait perhaps another six months, well....... :whew:

Regards, Lee.

I will only echo what has been already said.

If my car had been available with the spec I wanted as a demo I would have gone for it.

As it was there weren't any diesel DSG's in the country, so it had to be new. Next time around I would consider.

Remember, the car has been used as a demo. That means that it is kept in good condition to impress the customers. Any salesman who mistreated his own dealership's demo so much that it became a bad buy probably wouldn't last very long.

It looks like it's a done deal then! even my Wife approves in her shrug-of-the shoulders way!

Thank You All for your reassuring replies. Bearing in mind it's going to cost several thousand pounds more than we paid for our house - quite a few years ago admittedly - and I haven't spent so much in one go before or since, I did go into a panicky "what if..." mode :happy:

So for now... watch this space!

Best Wishes, Lee.

Nothing to worry about buddy my fabia vrs is a ex demo car still like new with warranty i think its a good thing also beats the waiting list for getting a new one lol

Thank you again!

Remember, the car has been used as a demo. That means that it is kept in good condition to impress the customers.

That is a very good point.

Graham: I joined you in the Mad House thirteen months ago :p

Regards, Lee.

I've actively asked for ex-demo in the past. Dealer as first owner isn't something I worry about.

Well, a deposit has been paid and Skoda's complimentary seven day insurance cover has been arranged. Now I just have to wait ever so patiently for the next two weeks!

I hope Sinclair Skoda appreciate the help they've been given by the members of this forum in securing the sale!

I keep saying it but I'll say it again! Thank You very much for your speedy and very useful comments :thumbup:

Best Wishes, Lee.

Edited by frglee

This one is also 3 months old but with 1200 miles on the clock so I should be a very happy, HAPPY bunny :giggle:

I bought my Ecomotive with 3,500 on the clock at 2 years old, it was an ex-demo from a dealership. Even though it's probably been a bit ragged from cold, their test drive route wasn't bad, and actually gave the engine some time to get up to temperature before they took people on the nearby motorway, which is when they probably revved the arse off it.

Even in the mileage on mine, they'd struggle to wreck anything. I've still got a year left on the warranty as well. Guys in my profession quite often have problems in the first year because we buy low mileage cars, and start putting tons of miles on them straight away.