Detailer in the North East?

Danntec

I'm based in Newcastle and have been using David and John at North East Detailing. Nice guys, know their stuff, unfortunately David's detailing business is on hold.

So I need someone else, can anyone recommend, preferably who has/does use the gtechniq products? As close to Newcastle as possibly, ideally mobile. I was getting the car detailed yearly, this is due, and a monthly valet.

Cheers

I did actually buy some stuff, mitts, drying towels,nilfisk pressure washer......But, the flat I'm in is an upper and don't feel too confident connecting it to the kitchen tap!! When I move I'll do probably do it regularly, if I get time, my Sundays are usually used up bike riding.

Reason for?

I used to go to NE Detailing too, David & John are very knowledgeable and helpful, but I lost touch after they moved from Pelton.  I now go to Juicy Detailing on Tanfield Lea North Ind. Estate - they have regular open / demo days, and carry a good range of products.  Juicy Jen really knows her stuff.

Thanks for the info guys. I actually spoke to Shaun at North East Car Care, who although covered my area, highly recommended someone closer, David at DBD based at the Silverlink Industrial Estate. He is going to valet it on Thursday and see what he thinks for future protection/detailing, he recommends the Zaino products, but is happy to use either.

Is anything supposed to be done regards removing the gtechniq before applying another product? Would anyone advise against switching? Or for switching!

I'll update once done - hopefully with pics ;)

David @ DBD does a lot of write up's on the Cleanyourcar forum, have a look mate. Nice guy on the forum and gets top results everytime as far as the photo's go.

Thanks for the info guys. I actually spoke to Shaun at North East Car Care, who although covered my area, highly recommended someone closer, David at DBD based at the Silverlink Industrial Estate. He is going to valet it on Thursday and see what he thinks for future protection/detailing, he recommends the Zaino products, but is happy to use either.

Is anything supposed to be done regards removing the gtechniq before applying another product? Would anyone advise against switching? Or for switching!

David is the guy to see, I know him from my days of visiting NE detailing. His work is really top drawer and I think the fact he has manage to quit his fulltime job to become a detailer is testament to this.

He worked on my old BMW when I had it and also helped with some Rotary training. All round good guy!

I’m sure you will me more than pleased with the results.

Shaun and my brother in law share a unit at the moment, he certainly seems to know his stuff, was going to recommend him but thought it might have been a bit far for you to travel

• 6 months later...

OK, Finally got round to gettting the car detailed and have uploaded some pics, info is in the description, forgot to include it was machine polished also. The car was driven home with a front passanger and pics taken in the morning, with a layer of rain over the car, so the shine didnt come out so well in the pics. I think David did a good job, and a good guy to deal with.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/gallery/album/673-ddb-detail-newcastle/