Dewi (sort of) abroad.

Llanigraham

Have a great time Graham - was there only just over 20 years ago, probably hasn't changed a bit!

• Like 1

Don't get used to it.

If this **** weather keeps up, he may be back sooner than we think.

Mind you, being from the valleys, I reckon he is used to it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

And whilst Graham was in Norfolk I drove Monster all the way to Wales to go see him! Pah... He ran away! For good reason too since I bet he knew of the rains to come. I left the Friday before the big floods!!! I was in Llanwrst the first weekend walking and white water rafting and then went straight to Llanidloes to camp in Graham's suggested campsite. Loved it, so I stayed the week! Rain, rain, rain... But fret not the Yeti and the amazing roads in Wales kept me entertained. Once the pics are uploaded I will do a proper post.

411986_10150818741386324_1527742681_o.jpg

And the leg you see sticking out past my "dry stone wall" is not a Dalek - click on the photo to enlarge it. It is my fire pit:

579724_10150815046671324_1469948352_n.jpg

(Also don't trust the blue sky in that first picture. It was the ONLY day I saw blue sky alas!)

Amazing roads and blue sky in Wales?

Duw, Duw! :giggle:

Glad you had fun.

I'll save my euphoria for the post proper. But I'll say this:

• The Yeti makes one hellofa fine sportscar for those twisty roads.

• The Yeti makes one hellofa fine 4x4 for the off-road bits.

And yet, it is just the one car. :rofl:

...and the driver of the Mondeo ST220 had a bit of a levelling this morning, having been caught by the Yeti on the lanes, he couldn't shake off the Yeti and finally was left for dust as we accelerated away from a dual carriageway island :)

Pensioner racer moi?

Not something I do on a regular basis, but I saw his face register in the mirror - 'oh, its a Skoda, I'll flex my company car muscles' :)

I'm getting just as much fun out of this car as I ever did with any of the more 'sportier' cars I've previously owned!

(Sorry for going OT, but it made an otherwise glum morning a little brighter!)

• Like 3

Where is Graham by the way?

Probably still on the road with his tin snail... You know with a snail on tow it takes about 5,5 days to reach Norfolk from Wales. And about the 4,5 days to get back (since he's then drunk al the beer he took with).

He's probably stuck on some level crossing 'cos the man in the signal box has gone to sleep.

...and the driver of the Mondeo ST220 had a bit of a levelling this morning, having been caught by the Yeti on the lanes, he couldn't shake off the Yeti and finally was left for dust as we accelerated away from a dual carriageway island :)

Pensioner racer moi?

Not something I do on a regular basis, but I saw his face register in the mirror - 'oh, its a Skoda, I'll flex my company car muscles' :)

I'm getting just as much fun out of this car as I ever did with any of the more 'sportier' cars I've previously owned!

(Sorry for going OT, but it made an otherwise glum morning a little brighter!)

Yes me2! This morning I left a racy Seat Altea (similar car underneath) for dust in the lanes. Yesterday, a 'lady' in her Citroen Picasa( :giggle: ) was right up my rear end. I thought should I slam the brakes on and see the surprise run down her leg :devil: or put my foot down, let the DSG box do its magic and leave her behind somewhat? I chose the latter. Great fun this car :rofl:

Edited by MikeWales

Of course you have to pay to enter the kingdom of heaven, but we let you out for nothing!

Have I said that before?

An interesting two weeks.

We left home without really checking the caravan over and found out after arriving at Craven Arms that the water tap had broken and sprayed water everywhere.

Holiday201248.jpg

A quick trip down to the local caravan dealers the next morning for new tap and they didn't have one, however they did have this:

Holiday201249.jpg

so the new tap cost me £9k!! (but they did take the old van in p/ex)

It rained a bit whilst at Craven Arms but we did get out and about a bit

Holiday20128.jpg

Holiday201212.jpg

We swopped all our bits over from van to van later in the week and then drove to Norfolk. Nice surprise to find that we averaged 33.4 mpg towing the van, on a route of M6, A14, A11(??) Not bad at all.

Bob had given me a few ideas of places to go and they all proved excellent. Thanks Bob.

This was at a very nice place called Cookies Crab Shed

Holiday2012150.jpg

which did the most incredible crab platter lunch time.

Holiday2012149.jpg

I was warned about the road signs!!

Holiday2012153.jpg

Spotted this at a hire boat place at Wroxham:

Holiday2012119.jpg

And we had to have a paddle:

Holiday2012162.jpg

Holiday2012161.jpg

Do you know where that is Bob?

• Like 2

Oooh, there's a tester. I know a few fords a bit like that in Norfolk, but it doesn't quite look right for any of them. My best guess would be just south of the priory at Castle Acre, but it could be the one at Walsingham, or the one near Stiffkey?

Pleased you enjoyed it (shame about the rain). Your photos make me feel homesick!

Welcome back Graham looks like you had a good time, but a tad expensive, go out for a tap and come back with a new van attached to it :rofl: .

Good to see that you managed to get the good lady to take a few good photos of Dewi playing in the water :thumbup:.

And BOB has been so well behaved while you have been away not been sent to the corner at all :D

• Like 2

Bob,

I'm surprised at you. It was here:

http://www.streetmap...searchp=ids.srf

We'd been to the Shell Museum on the way back from Cookies and this was too good a chance to miss!

I went through another one earlier in the week, near Walsingham

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=594100&y=337700&z=3&sv=594100,337700&st=OSGrid&lu=N&tl=~&ar=y&bi=~&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf.

Also looked at the ford near Letheringsett Mill,

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=606100&y=338300&z=3&sv=606100,338300&st=OSGrid&lu=N&tl=~&ar=y&bi=~&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

but that looked a bit deep!