Fitting single DIN stereo - official Skoda parts?

Hi,

I'm looking at what's involved in fitting a single DIN head unit to my 2006 Octavia vRS. I gather there is an official Skoda kit (part code AZO 000 003, superseded by AZO 000 002A?) which is about £62 (Edit: part codes are actually AZO 600 003 and AZO 600 002A).

1. Has anyone fitted a single DIN unit to their car?
  2. Does the kit contain everything I need to replace the stereo? I know it has the wiring etc, but does it come with the replacement silver fascia to surround my stereo and climate control?
  3. Does anyone have a kit they are looking to sell? ;-)

Thanks for your advice...

Edited by feenster

1) Yes

2) If you have a pre-face lifted car you will need a pre-face lift sat nav facia as the kit is for face lifted models so the facia doesn't fit but rest of the kit is fine, apart from I'm not impressed with the wiring as the perm positive and switched postive are the wrong way round.

1) Yes

2) If you have a pre-face lifted car you will need a pre-face lift sat nav facia as the kit is for face lifted models so the facia doesn't fit but rest of the kit is fine, apart from I'm not impressed with the wiring as the perm positive and switched postive are the wrong way round.

Yes, my car is pre-facelift. Don't suppose you know the part code/price for the pre-facelift fascia?

I bought a single din unit from car audio direct. Never used it so it's somewhere in the house, you could have that for a fiver + postage if you like

Thanks, that sounds like it might be just the ticket. I'll send you a PM to discuss in more detail.

i

I bought a single din unit from car audio direct. Never used it so it's somewhere in the house, you could have that for a fiver + postage if you like

if thats the autoleads kit, it looks very aftermarket and made from cheap scratchy plastic, whereas the official one looks like it was fitted from to the car from the factory new.

I'm not impressed with the wiring as the perm positive and switched postive are the wrong way round.

I always found with the ISO adaptors that different manufacturers had them the opposite way around to each other. The permanent feed normally the orange memory wire in the ISO blocks.

Could you not get the cheaper 1 and wrap it , be easy to do i would think

Exactly what I was going to say. I would have had it in my car but the wife who hardly drives my car wanted the image on the stereo when reversing. I miss my old alpine HU.

Hopefully you will get it this weekend. I need to get my stereo out as I dropped one of my screws into the hole the last time I had it out :(

Well, thanks to Zeffania, I now have a new stereo in my car. The kit he had was a Celsus AFC5234 - the plastic is surprisingly good quality considering the price, and does the job nicely. It was a bit of puzzle to assemble in the right order, and involved snapping a couple of bits of plastic off the plastic surround to make it sit flush. Here's a picture:

20120602152015.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

There are some slight gaps around the edge of the black plastic trim, but it doesn't look as bad as in the picture. For a £75 saving against the official Skoda parts, I guess I can't grumble anyway ;-)

I like that, bloody wife! Nice to have more storage too

Glad it arrived quickly :)

Turns out it wasn't the connects 2, I couldn't remember properly just knew where I bought it from. Nice to clear some space and glad you like it. For anyone else, I got it here

Edited by zeffania