Ordered Urban delivered

soccerc

My Yeti is 2 yrs old today so time for it to move on to a new minder.

However, keeping loyal to the SM and have ordered the Urban in Candy White, delivery in a few weeks.

The Spec here in Ireland is different from elsewhere.

http://www.skoda.ie/...an_Brochure.pdf

Edited by soccerc

My Yeti is 2 yrs old today so time for it to move on to a new minder.

However, keeping loyal to the SM and have ordered the Urban in Candy White, delivery in a few weeks.

The Spec here in Ireland is different from elsewhere.

http://www.skoda.ie/...an_Brochure.pdf

Panoramic roof standard in Ireland?! Bimey, thats nice!

• 4 weeks later...

Panoramic roof standard in Ireland?! Bimey, thats nice!

Yes, but no sat nav nor Matterhorns...

Enjoy the new beastie Soccerc!

Sat Nav? What happened to just looking at a map and pointing nose in general direction? :)

Not sure what rims come with Paddy Spec Urban other than they are bi coloured black and silver.

It's looking like Friday earliest for delivery and have to visit dealer again tomorrow to have passenger swivel seat removed and original seat re-installed.

Sat Nav? What happened to just looking at a map and pointing nose in general direction? :)

Not sure what rims come with Paddy Spec Urban other than they are bi coloured black and silver.

It's looking like Friday earliest for delivery and have to visit dealer again tomorrow to have passenger swivel seat removed and original seat re-installed.

hehehe granted re the sat-nav. As to the wheels what's pictured in the brochure are just standard bi-colour Annapurnas.

He's got to pay £20K/25K euros, for what we are getting for £18K. OK, ther's no sat nav/sports setas, but he gets panoramic roof & ESP so lets call that a draw shall we? By the way, I like the bi-coloured Annapurnas as much as my Matterhorns.

Edited by Truthseaker

Not too hard on Soccerc please. He's got to pay £20K/25K euros, for what we are getting for £18K. OK, ther's n sat nav, but he gets panoramic roof & ESP so lets call that a draw shall we? By the way, I like the bi-coloured Annapurnas as much as my Matterhorns.

Awh not hard on him! Just discussing the differences.

Jeez, I never took offence at Johann's post nor did I even consider he was being hard.

As for cost, it's relative really but here in Ireland we've not only VAT @23% we've an insidious Vehicle Registration Tax of approx €3500 on a new Yeti.

However, as we qualify for Disabled Driver/Passenger scheme we're exempt from VRT and get a VAT refund so in position to change every two years almost new for old.

We get the same concession in UK for Disabled - that's how I purchased my Urban (Vat exempt), and like you change every year for little or no cost - or at least I have on previous low depreciating cars. Is the £3500 euro VRT included in the 25K retail price? Anyway - good choice of colour.

PS: sorry I mentioned "not too hard on Soccerc please" (now deleted) - as a new Yeti owner, just getting used to the etiquette here on the forum.

We get the same concession in UK for Disabled - that's how I purchased my Urban (Vat exempt), and like you change every year for little or no cost - or at least I have on previous low depreciating cars. Is the £3500 euro VRT included in the 25K retail price? Anyway - good choice of colour.

PS: sorry I mentioned "not too hard on Soccerc please" (now deleted) - as a new Yeti owner, just getting used to the etiquette here on the forum.

Yeah, the VRT is included in the retail price so with the VRT exemption and VAT refund it brings cost down to about €18k plus delivery and related charges and the cost of installing swivel seat.

@johann, the wheels are bi coloured Annapurnas and also found out the front seats do not have lumbar support.

ESP is standard in Ireland and Urban also comes with spare wheel and not the inflation kit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes very smart, like the white finish by the way ;)

TP

Yes I like the white but I thought the Urban came with the black wheel arch extensions.

Yeah, our (Ireland) spec is different.We get panoramic sunroof and Bolero radio, sunset glass and bi coloured annapurnas.

@Photoemt The sunroof is the only difference really.

The 2010 Ambition had rain sensing wipers, auto dimming rear view mirror, drivers lumbar support all of which are missing from the 2012 Urban.

Still, the change means I've a three year new car warranty and it cost less than €1000 with the trade in.

Driven 600 miles so far and what has somewhat surprised me is the higher MPG working out at 53mpg on maxidot which is not bad IMHO for a new tight engine.

One thing that has struck me is the amount of ppl commenting on how the white Yeti looks and when I tell them it's the same car model as previous except different colour they are surprised - maybe the greys/silvers are anonymous ans invisible.

The rain sensiing wipers and autodimming rear view mirror are gone from the Elegance aswell. The Urban makes more sense than the Ambition at the minute as they removed cruise control and the Belero from it as well. I'm surprised that the MPG is higher given that its the same engine as your last one unless they have tweaked the tuning for greater economy.