When did Skoda drop the 1.8TSi & L&K?

As the title says when did they drop the excellent 1,8 TSi engine from the Octavia range?

I was looking to replacing my 1.8 with another yet I only have the option of a 1.4 122PS or 2.0 140PS, if I want to stay around the same level of power I have to go with a VRs.

I've also noticed that the L&K has disappeared from the configurator too.

Are these errors or are they correct?

TIA.

Ordered Octavia 1.8 tsi l&k with dsg on 31st March.

Like you was staggered to see that this particular model was pared down as a result of early preparation for next model Octavia.

Dealer told me I was OK but indeed they withdrew significant options on the Octavia in early April - you then seem restricted to what is shown on the web site build options from now on. Sorry.p

A few otehr engines and specs withdrawn too including the 1.2 TSi and 110PS 2.0 TDi.

The 4x4 and Scout have also been temporarily withdrawn in preparation for the Octavia MkIII.

Thank god i got my new L & K in january of this yearthen :-).... Glaring mistake IMO to remove this model, when they have, so i understand, introduced the L & K to the Superb range.

Well I most certainly hope that they have a more powerful engine line up for the new car coming out in November (Rapid, Rabid or whatever it's going to be called), I don't want anything less than 160bhp.

Rapid is going to be a different model to the Octavia 3. Octy 3 is getting bigger!

the 1.8 TSi is one of the best engines I've come across in every respect. For a regular family car it will take a lot of beating for power / economy without going into the hotrod category

Rapid is going to be a different model to the Octavia 3. Octy 3 is getting bigger!

But I don't want some thing bigger than an Octavia, the Octy is about the right size for my needs.

I suppose I could go back to a VW Golf sized car again. But this 1.8TSi engined car has been about the best thing I've driven in a long time.

To Evening Star

You could do one of several things

• Look for recent model that has been part. exed - unlikely?
  • Ring round dealers for cancelled orders which fit the bill
  • See if any on line discounter can chase one up for you eg Drive the Deal etc

I do sympathise because my order was just in time purely by good luck and not good judgement. Noone told me to get in quickly or I'd missout!

But I don't want some thing bigger than an Octavia, the Octy is about the right size for my needs.

I suppose I could go back to a VW Golf sized car again. But this 1.8TSi engined car has been about the best thing I've driven in a long time.

As I understand it the Rapid will be a similar size to the current Octavia?

The MkIII Octavia will be bigger than today's MkII and the Rapid is designed to fit in between the Fabia and the new Octavia...?

I've decided to wait & see what this new "Rapid, Rabbit or Rabid" thing is going to be like before I make my final decision. The VRs would probably be the only candidate at the moment as by the time I spec up an Elegance (would have to be a 140 TDi) it comes to more than a VRs! :o