Telephone/Bluetooth Connection Headaches

matkel

Hi All

I'm new to Briskoda, so hello to everyone. I've seen that the topic I'm going to post has been covered a few times before, but can't seem to find an exact answer, so here goes.....!!

I've recently bought a 58 reg Skoda Superb II SE Manual and overall, best car I've ever owned (previously had a 2006 Octavia Vrs petrol, which was also fantastic until the inlet camshaft snapped at 44k, but that's a different story). Albeit the car is an SE, it was originally a comapny vehicle so it had the Bluetooth kit factory fitted with the MFSW (it has the standard Bolero radio), but I am encountering exactly the same problem using 2 different phones. After checking other blogs, I understand the unit under the drivers seat could bear some relevance, and is labelled 5N0 035 730 A,and the phone's I'm using are a Nokia 6700 classic and a jailbroken iPhone4 with the Jens David Rsap/BTStack server installed. I've managed to pair both phones without any issues, and they're listed correctly as devices in the cars phone menu, however, I get the following cycle everytime I try to get either phone to work with the car. The bluetooth/Rsap enabled is switched on:

1. Message comes up on maxidot saying 'Connecting Nokia 6700 Classic/or Matt's iPhone, Please wait'. (On the Nokia phone, it beeps and displays 'Remote Sim Activated' at this point)

2. I then seem to lose the signal on the phones, and at the same time, the message on the maxidot says 'Initialising telphone. Please wait!'

3. After approx 45 secs, the signal on the phones gradually returns, (On the Nokia it beeps and displays 'disconnected Skoda Rsap') and about 10 seconds later, the maxidot says 'connecting....'

4. Then steps 2 & 3 just keep repeating themselves until I get fed up (have waited upto 10 mins to see if anything happens), but nothing ever does.

So it seems to me that the phones are initially identified and connecting with the car correctly, but for whatever reason the car then can't seem to initisalise the telephone and it reverts back to trying to connect again.

I could understand the iPhone having some problems as technically, they're not compatible, and I've tried troubleshooting the various tips and steps on the Jens David website, but to no avail. What I do struggle to understand is why the Nokia phone won't work, bearing in mind the unit under the drivers seat was actually manufactured by Nokia!!

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks All

Welcome,

The iPhone will never work as it does not support RSAP which is required. However the Nokia should work fine, but before it will you must enable a setting on the phone menu (handset). I think the option you are lookng for is Remote Sim mode, but its name varied on some handsets.

Thanks for the welcome and your replies. Don't think I'm gonna get much further, so have seen another forum post where it's possible to replace the module under the seat to give more than just rsap. Just didn't want to spen another.£120 if I could avoid it. Thanks for posting though.

Thanks for the welcome and your replies. Don't think I'm gonna get much further, so have seen another forum post where it's possible to replace the module under the seat to give more than just rsap. Just didn't want to spen another.£120 if I could avoid it. Thanks for posting though.

Hi matkel. You mention you found a different post to replace the module Nader the seat. Do you have any details on this? Dos this allow compete control of iPhone?

• 3 weeks later...