Phenolic Intake Manifold Gaskets

yes they are very good but dont go for the newsouth one as i found that not that good

the one that badger 5 sells is about 1cm thick phenolic gasket with 2x oem gaskets and supplied with the longer bolts and the diffence is huge imo

no heat transfer between the head and mannifold

very good investment imo

If you pick one up for the right price... It's worth the cash.

Keeping your intake manifold cool will mean the air going into the engine will be cooler by the time it combusts - cooler = denser oxygen content = cleaner more powerful burn.

yeh i see mr badger selling them. i understand the whole denser air thingy, just wondered if these actually work.

Think i my have to get one of these them me thinks.. Thanks people..

and yeh, MMCH is a pain in the arse.. all thats ever bloody on during the day!! thank god i work! lol

• 1 month later...

"...but dont go for the newsouth one as i found that not that good..."

what if someone got it for £10 brand new? Is it worth trying it with longer bolts? Surely its better than the stock one?

Need bowders here. He has one.

Here I am guys. nice to be needed... :kiss:

Yep have one fitted and to be even nicer, did this guide in techi section :thumbup: :

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/220345-fitting-a-evoshield-inlet-gasket/#entry2591945

never did heat /temp check but manifold was cold to touch. It is just one of those incremental changes that all add up.

i want one of these but what sort of price are they and where are the best places to get them?

The clue was in post 7 above buddy.... :thumbup:

034 Motorsport in the US or Badger5 is UK company contact Bill direct 07976 800775 or workshop +44 (0)1453 822880 (email [email protected])

034 motorsports site here

http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-components-18t-intake-manifold-spacer-18t-phenolic-p-764.html

I know someone who lives in Freemont california so may do a group buy if i can catch up with him and get some other stuff when next over states.