Just ordered elegance 3dr

Citigo_elegance75

Hi guys, just ordered a tornado red elegance 3dr 75 greentech with following options

Summer pack

Convenience pack

Entertainment pack

Been giving around 14 weeks

I was quoted mid July when we ordered ours 2 weeks ago.

Maybe the options delay delivery?

It'll still be worth the wait, I'm sure

I did.

She's 20.

I know that most peoples image of a Skoda owner is old, doddery and grey but in recent years many more younger people have discovered the benefits of owning one.

Skoda have snuck in under the radar with the vRS range.

It took a while, but now the fabia vRS is very popular with the late teens and twenty something's.

This forum is testimony to that.

As for the Citigo, I have a feeling that it will be popular with all age groups, especially new drivers, if the insurance quotes stay as low as they are now.

As I said in another thread, our quote saved £1000 !

I dont, yeah it has moved on in the last 5-10 years

i was looking at the up! But the dealer werent going to give me as much of a px on my current car as the skoda dealer, and the skoda sales person just made the whole experience a doddle.

But there are people who are badge snobs in my opinion, who would just go for the vw without looking, when the skoda is near identical yet better equiped and better value.

also imo it looks better than the up!

• Like 2

3 months wait for my Elegance 75ps Greentech, with the Safety Pack, Entertainment Pack, black paint and Sunset Glass.

I only test drove the SE 60ps, but that's got quite a bit of poke for a little 'un, the 75ps should be excellent.

Bye Bye Octavia VRS. I'll miss you, but not the silly insurance, petrol and road tax costs.

Took delivery of our Candy White Elegance 75BHP 3 dr yesterday. :love: Brilliant!! Wife absolutely loves it. Had the wheels done Gloss Black and the windows are getting tinted on Tuesday. Really happy with it.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Apologies

Had an email from our dealer, Palmers Watford, today.

Ours is being built week 27 (1st week of July) :)

Took delivery of our Candy White Elegance 75BHP 3 dr yesterday. :love: Brilliant!! Wife absolutely loves it. Had the wheels done Gloss Black and the windows are getting tinted on Tuesday. Really happy with it.

Apologies

Great, keep us updated.

Having a test drive this week, then if we like that we shall order the same as you only 5 door and Candy white, well it's that or the beige colour.

Mick

Great, keep us updated.

Having a test drive this week, then if we like that we shall order the same as you only 5 door and Candy white, well it's that or the beige colour.

Mick

Blimey! You're brave, owning up to thinking about the beige. Would expect a barrage of abuse for even thinking about a beige Skoda. It's a bit cool to go for the green, the black...and nowadays, the white...but beige????

Having said that - it's the colour I would be looking at myself as soon as they start to appear on the road and in the showrooms. There...... I've said it! As it happens I usually go for boring dark metallic grey, but at present the Yeti is Muscovado - a sort of metallic brown. There, I've done it again.....I have a brown car - and want a beige one too. Do your worst fellas - think what you like....

• Like 1

Apologies

what if any options did you go for?

Had an email from our dealer, Palmers Watford, today.

Ours is being built week 27 (1st week of July) :)

havent heard anything as of yet, mind you only ordered mine on Sunday

when did you order yours?

Ordered 30th May.

Allowing 2 to 3 weeks from build to delivery, we should have it by the end of July :)

Oldstan.....yeah I'm not sure either on the beige, well silver leaf metallic they call it. Definately not the green as someone I know has a similar colour Matiz, I hate it. So all that's left is the white, dark colours are a no no and silver is too common. I know exactly what spec I want, the colour ????

Mick

Oldstan.....yeah I'm not sure either on the beige, well silver leaf metallic they call it. Definately not the green as someone I know has a similar colour Matiz, I hate it. So all that's left is the white, dark colours are a no no and silver is too common. I know exactly what spec I want, the colour ????

Mick

I really wasn't criticizing the possibility of the "Silver Leaf Metallic" as it's probably the only one I'd go for...in the absence of any more preferable colours. There does seem to be a tendency to include the metallic golds and bronzes as seen on my Yeti...Muscovado does, to my eyes, look good - and I've had any number of compliments paid to it too and they will, undoubtedly, increase the Citigo colour range in time. As you say silver is common - although for good reason as it's bright, cheerful and easy to keep looking clean and sells on well....but I thought it to be too bright and indiscreet a silver for me. The red and white and black are simply what they are and had to be included and the green and yellow you either like or you don't. In practice, I'll wait till it's been out a while - and there's a bit of discount and some different colours and any bugs ironed out.

Apologies

Sounds nice, enjoy your new Citigo. Post some pic's!!

I know that most peoples image of a Skoda owner is old, doddery and grey

but now the fabia vRS is very popular with the late teens and twenty something's.

Are you saying thirty something is old??? :giggle:

• Like 1

Hi

Ordered the Citygo Elegance Greentech yesterday. I've been given a 12 week delivery time. Initially, my wife and I looked at the Volkswagen Up but we were not impressed with the sales people at 2 different dealerships. I purchased a Skoda Yeti from Henry's (Glasgow) last November, so we returned there and were given an excellent demonstration of the Citygo. Both of us were really impressed with the test drive and the build quality was every bit as good as the Volkswagen Up. As an existing customer, I also managed to secure a small discount.

I don't know what it is about VW dealerships - I really don't think that I could ever buy one of their cars because of the sales technique that they use. They try and keep you in there for literately hours while they keep 'going to see the manager' to ask about whatever -I'm sure they just stand out the back and have a cigarette or something. I think that the idea is to wear you down and I won't let them -I've come very close to just walking out. I'm sure a lot of people are bowled over by the idea of that lovely shiny new car and will agree to any deal that's offered after being worked on for long enough

yep, vw dealerships are the biggest badge snobs around,

was look a few ago to trade in an octavia for a lupo or polo, when told it was a skoda trade in the immediate response was "can only give you auction / scrap price as we can't put a skoda on our forcourt"

at which point walked out and have never visited a VW dealership since

and they wonder why they don't get a good rating in the jd powers survey and skoda dealers beat them every time

Edited by bluecar1

what if any options did you go for?

Didn't take any options as the car was already built and on its way to dealer. Got to say though that it is really impressing us, were out last night for a fair drive and recorded an avg mpg of 60.2. Excellent considering I don't hang around. The ride is very very good and it's just a great car to drive. Getting a few things done to it this week so will post some pics up when done.

Cheers

I don't know what it is about VW dealerships - I really don't think that I could ever buy one of their cars because of the sales technique that they use. They try and keep you in there for literately hours while they keep 'going to see the manager' to ask about whatever -I'm sure they just stand out the back and have a cigarette or something. I think that the idea is to wear you down and I won't let them -I've come very close to just walking out. I'm sure a lot of people are bowled over by the idea of that lovely shiny new car and will agree to any deal that's offered after being worked on for long enough

We were deeply unimpressed by our local VW dealership. Shortly after the car's launch, I went down to have a look at the Up. When we asked when the 5 door would be available (knowing full well June), he said "They've talked about doing a 5 door, but not for another 2 or 3 years". What an absolute lie. Or simply plain ignorance - neither of which are good traits from a car salesman. Put me off completely. I like the Up, but the aftersales and availability of options for the Citigo, plus the improved value for money, sway me completely towards the Citigo.