Source of Hybrid Turbos...

Was just looking on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=&_trksid=p3686

A vendor has a lot for sale for £595, plenty based on GT1749VB/VA. They will custom make you a turbo for a little more money too.

Reading through the turbo spec is interesting, vendor gives a lot of options (mostly above my level of turbo knowledge)

Can anyone in the know re turbos shed any more light on this?

Cheers

Joe

I think his prices on ebay are for a turbo in return aswell. But he wont except some condition turbos as he says you wouldnt want your new hybrid built from a realy bad example of a shot turbo. Rich payed about 750 for his 150 hyb with no turbo to exchange considering td want 950 at the moment for the same spec. That saving could buy me my decat and egr delete.

Just by the replies, I think I know the vendor. This was posted over on IbizaOC / Facebook and got laughed at....

That said my Turbo Technics turbo shat itself, blatent warrenty issue and they blamed "hard pipes" to the intercooler as the reason.... wouldnt touch them either!

My TD turbo lasted a decent amount of time (for my usage) but wont recon them, so heavy on price as new units each time.....

Heard good reviews of CR Turbo's atm

Edited by T. Spark

well i have been speaking to someone with one from him and have had no issues also he has 100% feedback on all his turbos.

he sent me this today.

Hi there Joe nice to hear from you.

The trouble at the moment is the PD150 units are impossible to find as core as every man and his dog wants them. I can build a hybrid out of a PD130 unit (the end result is virtually identical to the 150 hybrid) but the question is what power are you looking to run?

The KKK unit off the Fabia is prone to failure in standard mapping, let alone when they are pushed, so the Garrett (and upgraded one) is the right step forward.

If you are looking for a mild increase on what you have now then I would say a stage 2 with larger 56mm compressor wheel but standard turbine wheel would be a good way to go. This will flow a lot more air than the standard unit, but isnt suited for massive bhp or continued high revving. (Better suited to driving on the torque/midrange).

If you like to rev the engine out or drive at high speeds then the above unit can be prepared with a cutback to the turbine wheel which makes for better top end breathing (but adds a few ££ to the cost).

I do offer a stage 3 unit which uses a larger turbine wheel than the standard unit to make for better exhaust flow, and while any uprated car will benefit from this the most gains will be had from those looking to run 240+ bhp with uprated injectors.

If you have a think about what kind of power you want to make and your preferred driving style then I can advise on which unit I think would suit you best.

I will price you the unit once I hear your feedback.

Cheers,

Adam

personally I think all the info is good but obviously cant speak for the product as I dont own one but alot people dont either who speak badly of alot of products and poo poo them off just because they are not what everyone else owns or what they have.

Price dependent I will be going with him, some think it might be a gamble etc, could last me forever running at 200+ or a week running at 180bhp. one way to find out i guess

I have got my pd150 Hybrid (stg2) through him. He was very helpfull as i was going into it blindfolded. Reasonable turn around baring in mind i had no exchange and he had to source the pd150 himself. My turbo has had zero problems. And to be honest, id rather go to someone like tdi turbos than a bigger company. At the end of the day ur just paying for the names as he gets his balanced at one of the big companies i have the sheet somewhere. I can find it if required by anyone.

Edited by rich53
  • Like 1

I have been in further contact with him and will be getting myself a stage 2 130 with the cuback and has offered me a very good price with no turbo to return. He is a very nice guy and full of information and is only happy to help and give advice and what he thinks would be best for your driving style/usage. Some people would just say no go for the top option/most expencive just to get the most money from you but he just wants whats best for you for a happy customer at the end of the day.

He is proper genunine isnt he joe, not a massive company who just want your money. I was the first fabia he had sold the pd150 for and he was very interested in me getting back to him with how it was on my car... That reminds me i forgot to!! *finds old emails from him...

In fairness I only deleted one line as was more "blah blah" than fact.

I am in the market for a new turbo (again thanks to turbo technics shocking customer service and turbo's!) so who knows, if he can make to order, I will be happy to commision a mega turbo for me to use and try get my 1/4 times down into the low 13's!

I am in the market for a new turbo (again thanks to turbo technics shocking customer service and turbo's!) so who knows, if he can make to order, I will be happy to commision a mega turbo for me to use and try get my 1/4 times down into the low 13's!

He's looking to test his stage 3 on a VAG 1.9....

I have been in further contact with him and will be getting myself a stage 2 130 with the cuback and has offered me a very good price with no turbo to return. He is a very nice guy and full of information and is only happy to help and give advice and what he thinks would be best for your driving style/usage. Some people would just say no go for the top option/most expencive just to get the most money from you but he just wants whats best for you for a happy customer at the end of the day.

What sort of price are we looking at here? I swear mine is on the way out...wines quite a bit!

What sort of price are we looking at here? I swear mine is on the way out...wines quite a bit!

I payed around the £700 mark without a turbo exchange for a pd150 stage 2 hybrid, if thats any help mate.

I have a hybrid turbo for a Nissan from him. I was very happy with the price and service, but it's not yet fitted to test.

I was after a pretty specific combination of parts and he was happy to work with me and help ship halfway around the world.

I did send you a PM mate. More than happy to talk to anyone who needs a turbo!

• Like 1

I did send you a PM mate. More than happy to talk to anyone who needs a turbo!

I would be really happy to send you the turbo, however ithe company that paid up for a 2nd turbo are wanting them to sort it. So at the moment in no need for a turbo (final last words) however I no doubt will be in need of another sooner rather than later.... and one that can handle alot of power. So will be touch, but good customer service goes along way! So thanks :)