specific headlight/parking light recommendations needed

There are several threads on changing bulbs, but I would like to avoid buying junk on ebay as I don't know the brands and which ones work properly, would appreciate brand or model advice from those who have done it.

I want to get something in bright white or bluish-white.

H7 Headlights: I'm leaning towards Philips Xtreme Vision 100%. Basing off reviews, they seem like the best value for money

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-LED-Canbus-Super-Bright.html?bulb_search=c22530

Sidelights: 501 Can-bus 2 led (no idea if good or not)

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-LED-Canbus-Super-Bright.html?bulb_search=c22530

I will also need to get rear fog, brake and running lights, but am not too particular about those. May just default to a main brand if I don't have any specific info on them.

H7 Philips Xtreme are probably best bulbs, I have them in high beams at the moment, but for low beam still better is 35W-55W HID kit.

Leds in sidelights are bad idea, heat from high beam will cause them to vaporize plastic mount and foul up high beam reflector over time. Had this with Superb

I have Osram Nightbreakers for main beams and dipped headlights.

I spoke to a few people who'd used the nightbreakers and the phillips xtreme, and they said the phillips xtreme gave a whiter look, so looked better, but the nightbreakers gave the best visibility.

If you want a white sidelight, the Phillips BlueVision ones are absolutely amazing, just as white as an LED, but not as bright. I know they say BlueVision in the name, but they're pure white when turned on.

• Like 2

Nighbreakers are OK, but I must say that while they beat most if not all other stock power bulbs in H3 guise, in H7 shape Philips Xtremes produce more light than Nightbreakers.

Unlike your average poster, I have actually measured it (digital light meter, about 10%-15% difference on axis, not much but repeatable).

Though my main argument for Xtremes is longevity.

Also, I forgot to mention, one visible and nice mod is to put Osram Diadem bulbs in front and rear indicators, they look really good as they appear light blue when unlit.

If you alter the sizes of bulbs (ie wattage) in vehicles with a Canbus system, it can give give problems. This can range from a red warning light for bulb failure to some vehicles going into 'limp' mode, Not sure exactly what with a Skoda.

Thanks. I think then I will spring for the X-treme Vision, as I like the whiter look and don't do THAT much night driving anyways. Pair that with the blue Diadem indicators, and Bluevision sidelights, should be good to go.

What are the odds of buying fake ones from a good-rated seller on ebay?

EDIT: will go with Amazon instead as I feel more secure in that. But diadems are different there than ones elsewhere....

Which ones are real?

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osram-OSRAM-DIADEM-Flashing-Light/dp/B001M4XWU8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340655808&sr=8-1

Autobulbs:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/581-PY21W-Osram-Diadem-indicator-bulbs.html?bulb_search=c22530

Edited by grafitti

• 1 month later...

I changed all the front lights over a couple hours. Osram diadems for indicators, easy to change. Philips bluevision for parking lights, found them a bit of a hassle to remove but in the tool accessories there's this ring with a hook on it which was perfect for pulling out the bulbs. Put the Philips extreme vision in headlights. Got it all installed without removing the filter or battery. I unscrewed the torx screws holding the wheel well covers in place and accessed it from there. Wasn't easy and I don't see how they would expect someone to change a headlight at the side of the road.

Liking the look of it though.

Defo agree on changing the indicator bulbs......i think mine are the Phillips ones tho as they are defo silver look then flash as orange......stops the "fried egg" look!!!....was the first mod i did to my car back in 2001!!