Octavia 4x4 (mk1) adjustable rear tie bars

Compbrake rear control arms are apparently not suitable for road use

my adjustable rear tie arms failed big time after just over 1 years worth of ROAD driving. i emailed them to complain and was told that they are motorsport items so didn't have any sort of warranty...

[email protected]

I've got Compbrake brakes on my car, and their build is excellent.

However, their range of products are made by different suppliers, and I've heard of quality problems before with certain specific lines - eg race pedal boxes get slammed for collapsing.

As this is the only review I seen for the Compbrake RCAs' it'd make me think twice, at very least phone up compbrake (how've always been very helpful on the phone) and fire some questions at them.

FYI: Neuspeed and KW (iirc) also do their own RCAs'

Hmmmmm, interesting,

I can only assume they may be 'motorsport' due to the fact they have ball joints instead of bushes to attach them?? If kept clean/lubed i can't see a problem, probs not just fit and forget as far as road use goes.

Their website says nothing about 'race use only' only 'race spec bearings'....?

Find out soon enough as i bought them yesterday :think: