URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Hi,

Can anyone advise whether or not part no: 5KO 035 730 D, will be suitable to replace my older rSAP bluetooth unit in my Superb (May 2010) build which won't currently connect my iPhone 4s via bluetooth.

Bit worried about spending money as the code mentioned on other posts on how to rectify my problem quotes: 3C8035730B as being the correct unit to sort this problem.

Any help advice gratefully appreciated.

Hi,

I replaced the original bluetooth unit in my 58 reg Superb with the 5KO 035 730 D unit and it works perfectly. You will have one less connection on the new unit (for the aerial), but this has no effect on performance as you're connecting through normal bluetooth and not rSAP (as I understand it). But the new unit connects to my old HTC Sensation and my new Samsung Galaxy SIII, call quality is excellent (coverage dependant of course) and the sound quality is very, very good.

Hope this helps,

Declan.

• Like 1

5KO 036 730 D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110906985594?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Hi everyone. I followed the two main threads on this topic and found them helpful. Thanks.

It gave me the confidence to shell out £79.99 on the above item (the seller still has several for sale). It was to replace a 5KO 035 730 A on my late 2008 Superb Elegance.

After several false starts in pairing the handsets, sure enough, I now have full phone functionality on the Columbus and steering controls for both an iPhone 4S and a Blackberry 9700.

But, I have trouble streaming music from both handsets. Any advice would be welcome.

On the Apple handset, I can see the track counting off the seconds 1,2,3 etc but on the Columbus it counts twice as fast - 2,4,6 etc, and with no sound. Fiddling with bluetooth settings on the Columbus sometimes gives me a half second burst of music, then all goes quiet again.

On the Blackberry, the Columbus does not even count time. It shows the start of a track (but not the name of it), and will allow remote forward and backward track selection, and plays the quick burst again.

Help, please!

I am a little further forward now.

Having enabled each and every tick box on the Blackberry handset Bluetooth options list, it does now stream music, but only from the right hand speakers.

Have yet to try with the iPhone 4S.

Seem to recall others having this issue.

Will go and trawl through the two Pinned rSAP topics to see if I can learn more.

In the meantime, any thought from you guys out there would be appreciated.

on my 2010 car, only a mono feed is from the box, hence streaming in mono only - i've never used this feature of the updated box.

users have suggested a 2nd audio cable i think.

Al.

You will have to run some extra wires to get stereo when streaming. I did mine from scratch, and bought the BT module and the wiring from Carsystems.pl - it´s already prepared for stereo, so it works like a charm ;)

Yes. Thank you ukcruiser and GaSelle. You have confirmed what I have since absorbed from reading Bagpuss's helpful contributions in the thread:

rSAP Bluetooth to HandsFree - Success!

thread.

For all other readers: the modules widely available on e.g. ebay DO enable you to pair many more handsets than 2008/9/early 10 ones, but if you want stereo MP3 streaming via Bluetooth on a 2008/9/early 10 Superb (and maybe others), you will need to install additional wiring from under the driver's seat to the Columbus.

Will this thread ever be 'put to bed'?, I wonder! :)

Edited by basil-furface

Will this thread ever be 'put to bed'?, I wonder! :)

I really doubt it - it's just one of those daft decisions that VW group / Skoda made, by installing a rSAP only device into cars.

I've never used the Bluetooth Streaming, as i have MDI fitted, and with a Brodit pass-through mount fitted to the dash, it's so simple to use...

Al.