Inches from buying a Octavia VRS PD... BUT

pombey

Evening all!

Currently got a 2010 ford focus 1.6 tdci, its pretty nippy but I'm nearly 27 so thinking its time to upgrade from the hatchback youth to a more appropriate car and if i can get a straight swap ill be happy!

This is what i have my eyes on

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201216465632065/sort/locasc/usedcars/model/octavia/make/skoda/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/da100eb/keywords/vrs?logcode=p

I don't know a lot about these, I've read things about injectors and oil pumps failing?! and that they are rapid!

My questions are,

When does the cam belt need changing along with tensioners etc?

Should i go look at it, is there any thing i should be looking out for thats gonna cost bucks to repair?.....

Is the PD a better or worse engine than the CR engine?

I used to work for Fiat many years ago, there was a system where by we could input the cars registration/Chassis number and it would tell you what the car had fitted when first built. Do VAG do a similar system for their cars?

Cheers all!

Hi welcome. Maybe post thisin the octavia thread but ill try and help you out. Not familliar with injectoe failure or pump failure, but if you thrash these turbo diesels the injectors will fair on all types of car, dont be suprised if they have had the cambelt changed as it looks as though its being sold by a garage, ring the seller and see, i wouldnt wana leave the cambelt much more than 60-65k miles. I have the pd130 engine and its flawless (y) nice lookin car by the way good luck