VCDS Near Stoke on Trent

Hi I was just wondering if anyone fairly localish to Newcastle under Lyme / Stoke on Trent would mind helping me turn on some features on my Fabia vRS.

I can bring beers and wouldn't mind driving upto 20miles radius.

Thanks.

PS I don't think everyone who has VCDS is on the VCDS Register

I'm in Derby and could do it, don't often find myself near Stoke though and it's just outside your planned radius. If there's no one closer then I can meet you halfway though.

Good question. Most evenings this and next week bar Fridays. Sadly I'm busy this weekend and will be away, but next weekend I'm around. I'm actually a few miles outside Derby (just off M1 J25) but I'm often in Derby for one thing and another so happy to nip over there and meet you somewhere.

Hmm, depends which way you come in to Derby. If you're coming straight down the A50, then there's a newish pub, the Blue Jay, just off there and on the way into the city centre (come off the A50 at Junction 2, at the first roundabout go straight over onto the dual carriageway, take the first left off the dual carriageway and then turn right somehow), the Google Maps view of the area is still well out of date and has the old road layout - https://local.google.co.uk/?ll=52.901182,-1.422675&spn=0.012788,0.018497&t=w&z=16

That way, you can carry on into Derby and I can get on the A52 home, it's pretty convenient for both of us.

Yeah thats sound mate so when shall we say? tomorrow?

I am not sure what features can and cant be adjusted/on/off

I wanted to get steering weight turned up one to make it heavier and also wanted auto lock when going above 10mph what other useful things can the fabia have?

Single click to unlock all of the doors as opposed to just the drivers door.

I am interested in having some of this stuff done. There was a list on here somewhere of which parameters can be changed etc, i'll try to find it...

Yeah thats sound mate so when shall we say? tomorrow?

I am not sure what features can and cant be adjusted/on/off

I wanted to get steering weight turned up one to make it heavier and also wanted auto lock when going above 10mph what other useful things can the fabia have?

Thursday's easier for me, if you can manage it, around half 7's cool. Things I can think of off the top of my head:

Auto-lock over 10mph on/off

Flash on lock/unlock on/off

Chirp on lock/unlock on/off

Steering weight (POSSIBLY!) - depending if I can find the right guide for the Fabia, my steering module was coded differently to the standard Ibiza one

EGR adjustment within defined parameters (not proven to work, but can't hurt I guess)

Number of comfort indicator flashes (I have mine set to 4 to give me a little extra time for changing lanes etc)

Seconds to delay for the teardrop wipe after using the washers

Not aware of much else other than actual diagnostics and servicing.

No, I don't think they have the right central convenience module, and I don't have the right equipment (VCDS can't do it, you need an old serial lead, a DOS laptop, and a copy of VDSPro, all of which I'm missing).

Ok man if you wouldnt mind prepping for

Auto-lock over 10mph on

Flash on lock/unlock on/off Is this for headlight or just the indicators?

Chirp on lock on

Steering weight (POSSIBLY!) We can try :)

Thursday at 7.30 it is :)

It's just the indicators, single flash for lock (should be on on your car, it is by default) and double for unlock. Similarly the chirp is one to lock, two to unlock. I'll try and dig out the right steering weight threads too.

I can't explain how happy you've made me lol. The steering weight is amazing I would go as far to say its the best change to my car to date. Drives so much better now and the chirp is funky.