Its landed!

Looks great, try a black SD card, or red maybe cos of the other re highlights.

:)

Enjoy.

Mine goes back Monday forever. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

James.

Did you get the pressed plates from Elite Car Care through DW?

No eBay, can send you the link if you like, they are very good quality plates, very pleased with them, just a nice last touch on it I think.

I must say love the car, the interior looks very nice/cool/sporty/exclusive

The black rims gives that nice contrast.

The only thing for me to change, your first mod, put the new type badges.

The cherry on top of the cake

I must say love the car, the interior looks very nice/cool/sporty/exclusive

The black rims gives that nice contrast.

The only thing for me to change, your first mod, put the new type badges.

The cherry on top of the cake

Yes I was thinking about that, maybe in a couple of months time.

If you would. Thanks.

On its way.

I love the interior, although I was concerned about the red sticthcing on the gear selector and steering wheel, and it just works, it looks exactly how it should, just enough red to lift the interior from being too dark with all that dark grey, but not overkill to make it look chavvy!

James, don't think the pictures do it justice - have seen a Green vRS with the same interior as yours, in a dealer today. I must admit at first glance it didn't sit right with me, but I had a sit in it and it does look very smart. Hope it's still going OK, liking the numberplates BTW.

Why?

Because some of the cognatively challenged yoofs get them tinted so dark as to interfere with their side vision.

Dvrs & pax door windows MUST be clear. NOT tinted at all, at all, at all.

Wor Galaxy looked decidedly odd with a dark factory tint to all the glass except the windscreen and the 2 front windows as above.

But I lived with it and after a while did not even notice.

PS

Just wear super dark sun glasses when driving.

cheers

M

OOPS

Regarding Insurance paying out............................ I understand that the Insurer is compelled to cover any third party claims.................... BUT................ not fully comp claims.................................. same as for non MOT or an intoxicated driver causing an accident.

If one has not "disclosed" such Mods?

Is this correct?

Edited by dieseldogg

James, don't think the pictures do it justice - have seen a Green vRS with the same interior as yours, in a dealer today. I must admit at first glance it didn't sit right with me, but I had a sit in it and it does look very smart. Hope it's still going OK, liking the numberplates BTW.

No, I dont think the pics do it justice neither, its so much more plush in real life, I am not a carbon effect fan and definately not one if it looks cheap, but this carbon effect trim just looks right and being nice and glossy it looks classy.

Although, one thing I think is odd, is why release it with red stitching, something tells me green stitching would of been more appropriate, Skoda colour etc etc also the green would of looked awesome with the green metallic paintwork, the red stitching in my eyes would only work with cars that are red, white or black?

Yes I like the number plates, and yes the car is getting better by the day, I loved my TSI without question, but this TDI I find whilst not as lively as the TSI its perfectly capable and with all the extras in it plus the MPG improvement is an exchange I was and still am happy to of made, love it!

Why?

Because some of the cognatively challenged yoofs get them tinted so dark as to interfere with their side vision.

Dvrs & pax door windows MUST be clear. NOT tinted at all, at all, at all.

Wor Galaxy looked decidedly odd with a dark factory tint to all the glass except the windscreen and the 2 front windows as above.

But I lived with it and after a while did not even notice.

PS

Just wear super dark sun glasses when driving.

cheers

M

OOPS

Regarding Insurance paying out............................ I understand that the Insurer is compelled to cover any third party claims.................... BUT................ not fully comp claims.................................. same as for non MOT or an intoxicated driver causing an accident.

If one has not "disclosed" such Mods?

Is this correct?

Personally speaking, I am only into legal modifications, lowering a car etc isnt for me, but I do like to personalise a car, so its just looks a bit different, anyway, if I have tints they will be legal and to OEM shade, thats my personal opinion, incidentally I had to speak with my insurance company the other day and mentioned I was considering having the windows tinted and also a Columbus sat nav, they said that as long as the tints are done to a standard OEM shade and as the Columbus is an OEM part then there is no additional charge as long as I declare that it has been put in after manufacture, so thats a result!

Ok, some photos from today, over the last few days I have gradually been cleaning it to bring it up to my standards etc

I personally like Gtechniq products, I find them reasonable value and work well, so I plumped for them, having a reasonable stock of the products at home and knowing what ones I like and knowing what each products can and cant do I topped up with a small order for bits and then set too over the last few days with getting the car sorted!

The Alcantara and cloth parts of the seats were hoovered and then coated in 'I1' this is a Scotchgard type product and works very well, I will reapply again in several months time, but I just misted the product over the required areas and that was it.

The leather areas of the car, seats, steering wheel etc were given an APC wipe down, being new it didnt need heavy cleaning, then I coated the areas with 'L1' this is a leather protector, it coats the leather and leaves it with an as new matt finish, perfect.

Interior plastics, dash, door cards etc these were treated with 'C6' Matte Dash, again these areas were given an APC wipe down to remove and light dirt and to leave a clean base to apply the C6 then spray and spread with a microfibre cloth, again worked well, gave a noticeable layer or protection that you could feel without feeling greasy and still had that OEM matt finish, cant stand silicone feel finishes so this is ideal.

So, onto the outside, I love 'C2' Liquid Crystal Paint Sealant, and have used it many times before but I fancied a change, so they have recently launched 'C1.5' Silo Seal, so I thought I would try that, so first up was the wheels washed with APC to remove and transport wax and degrease them dried, a light polish with 'P1' come to that in a bit, and then a coating of C1.5, buffed with MF cloth, left a couple of days and done a second coat of that today, they look very good now, sparkly clean, although not sure on longevity though.

The main paintwork, again I decided to use the C1.5 so today I foamed to remove and loose dirt, then shampoo wash with 'Gwash' this is a highly concentrated shampoo from them, small amount in a bucket and use that, very slippery and does the job well, then a good clay using Demon Shine as lube, then polished with 'P1' this is a water based polish and is easy to work with easy to apply and easy to buff leaving a lovely clean sharp polished car behind it, worked this with a German Applicator, then it was time to apply the C1.5 using the supplied spray bottle a couple of mists of the product per panel, and wipe over the panel, another MF cloth and buff to a shine, easy! When finished left for a few hours and then applied a second layer in case of any missed bits, will see on the longevity of the product.

Then the windows, I like using C2 Liquid Crystal on them, OK gtech have dedicated products for them (as well as the wheels) but I find the C2 does a great job on the windows, one squirt per window and spread and buff, job done, simple, that will last for a long time and make cleaning windows on the car so simple, it also works well on the windscreen, I could of used the dedicated product but I like quick and simple products and C2 fits the bill perfectly.

Then door shuts etc were covered with C2, easy.

Exhaust tips were polished using a scotch pad and Megs metal polish and then protected with C2.

Tyres, my pet hate, I like dressed tyres and no doubts like many on here have tried, sprays, gels, liquids etc and whilst they make them look nice they just never last, anyway, last year Gtech launced T1 a tyre dressing which claims to last for longer than normal dressings, bought a bottle last year and yes! It does last well, leaves a nice satin finish so they look dressed but arent blingy! So I applied two coats of that to my tyres after a good scrub using APC and thats it, finished!!!

So there you have it!

A few 'finished' shots for you from today, no interior shots as that needs hoovering and its not ready to be shown off, but th exterior will do for tonight!!

Enjoy, and I hope you have enjoyed this little write up.

James

33.jpg

32.jpg

28-2.jpg

26-2.jpg

23-4.jpg

28-2.jpg

29-2.jpg

27-2.jpg

And finally my little girl shaking out my drying towel after it had come out of washing machine earlier, she has the cleaning bug with me and knows what all the towels, cloths, products etc do!!!

19-5.jpg

Edited by james_19742000
  • Like 1

Very nice indeed James - GTechniq stuff is great, I've put I1 and L1 on my Alcantara seats, works very well, especially as we have 2 young kids.

My Aquapel is about dead on the screen so am thinking of going over to G1??

Very nice indeed James - GTechniq stuff is great, I've put I1 and L1 on my Alcantara seats, works very well, especially as we have 2 young kids.

My Aquapel is about dead on the screen so am thinking of going over to G1??

Thanks, I used to use Gtech G1 or whatever it was called a couple of years ago (belive they had to change it??) and whilst it was good, it was a case of putting 3 layers on, buffing etc etc and being honest it was a bit of a faff, hence why I tried popping some C2 on a car a while back, and it just works, takes two mins to do and OK it doesnt last two years, but every few months a couple of squirts and a buff and the result is not far off the dedicated product. Hope that helps,

Disc's are looking a bit rusty ;)

Ha, I'm only jealous, gotta wait another 8+ weeks for mine...

Looks great James!!!

Yes too much water used yesterday!!!

Thankfully the Gtech I1 interior protectant worked its stuff today, went to the shop pick up some milk, popped it in the carrier popped it on the fornt seat, just as I was about to pull away I noticed the milk was leaking, popped the bag on the floor, milk on the cloth and alcantara parts of my new seats, fortunately it was beading coz of the Gtech and popped a MF cloth on it to soak it up, job done, seat looks like it never had a spillage now!!!

Installed my Columbus Sat Nav unit today, I bought one a few weeks ago but upon installation and coding it proved to be faulty so a quick note to the seller and a new one was sent out and the old one sent back, had already met up with Devonutopia for coding so was just a case of popping it in, so done that today!

Initial impressions of the Columbus are good, it looks really good in place and the display being an LED one id just awesome, looks really modern, and the unit itself seems really capable!

I placed the GPS antenna on the metal bar that everyone else has used, attached a but of velcro to the bar and the antenna and its sitting there secure and showing no movement.

So a photo of it situ.

35.jpg

Looks stunning mate :thumbup:

Not wanting to be a downer, but that's not a scratch across the maxidot in the first set of pics is it? It can't be as you'd have spotted it.

Lovely car James, make sure you get some super resin polish for those front calipers. Mine were pink in a matter of months. Sorted with some Autoglym Super Resin Polish

Yes they will be attened to on an annual basis as it would be a shame to see them look all manky!

Looks stunning mate :thumbup:

Not wanting to be a downer, but that's not a scratch across the maxidot in the first set of pics is it? It can't be as you'd have spotted it.

Thanks, no, it was a little bit of gunk leftover from when they must of taken off some sort of label or something? I finally remembered to do something about it today, a quick rub with a slightly damp microfibre cloth and its gone :-)

Yes they will be attened to on an annual basis as it would be a shame to see them look all manky!

I would not leave it go that long.

They do need care and although SRP will clean them it will not last with the heat from the calipers. Get a good quality wheel seal of something for them. I use Chemical Guys Wheel seal on mine and they are like new after almost 2 years.

Lovely car James as ive previously posted in this thread love it....... :)

Since i last posted ive traded in the Fabia vRS for a new Octy vRS and im hoping to pick up this week (waiting on DVLA plate transfer)

One mod i will be doing is the Columbus Sat Nav at one point :) :)

Paul

Thanks, no, it was a little bit of gunk leftover from when they must of taken off some sort of label or something? I finally remembered to do something about it today, a quick rub with a slightly damp microfibre cloth and its gone :-)

Phew :sun:

I would not leave it go that long.

They do need care and although SRP will clean them it will not last with the heat from the calipers. Get a good quality wheel seal of something for them. I use Chemical Guys Wheel seal on mine and they are like new after almost 2 years.

Yes my old ones stayed good, weekly clean and some protection does the job, will get some C1.5 on them soon :-)

Lovely car James as ive previously posted in this thread love it....... :)

Since i last posted ive traded in the Fabia vRS for a new Octy vRS and im hoping to pick up this week (waiting on DVLA plate transfer)

One mod i will be doing is the Columbus Sat Nav at one point :) :)

Paul

Good man, you wont regret the Octavia, its a good car! The Columbus is fantastic, been using it all day today, it just integrates so well, standalone units maybe cheaper and you might be able to get more regular updates but with it all being integrated it just looks and works really well.

Phew :sun:

:-)

Do you have the part number / price for the new carbon trim for the Columbus?

Cars looking nice, just spec'd a estate with same seats, the white really put me off the old ones.

Edited by c.grex

• 1 month later...

So had a couple of hours spare today so done a few bits on the vRS.

Change the orange indicator bulbs all round for the silvertec style ones.

Change headlight bulbs to brighter style ones.

Mud flaps put on all round.

I like metal number plates, so mount the new ones on the car.

Pics.

18-7.jpg

17-7.jpg

16-6.jpg

15-7.jpg

And a couple of pics of the sunroof as one of the posters on here wanted a couple of pics of it, hope these help.

14-8.jpg

13-10.jpg

You can see that its not the biggest of roofs, but it does help with making the cabin slightly lighter, especially when its open.

Bettsy on here had one like yours, now sold and I dont think he is on here anymore anyway he had his roof vinyl wrapped black like mine and it blended the sunroof, he also got the mirrors and grille done,( the latter is a must, nice car :happy:

Bettsy on here had one like yours, now sold and I dont think he is on here anymore anyway he had his roof vinyl wrapped black like mine and it blended the sunroof, he also got the mirrors and grille done,( the latter is a must, nice car :happy:

Thanks, had it a little while now and I just love it, the diesel DSG combo is lovely, and whilst obviously not as fast as my previous petrol version, it more than makes up for it economy wise, trip to Ondon last week, 52MPG and thats with only 1K on the clock so engine still bedding in, Coventry this weekend and fully expecting the same economy.

I am possibly getting some white plasti-dip to do the wifes wheels with so hopefully there will be some left to do the grill on mine, no sure if I will like it or not, but at least with plastidip you can peel it off if you dont like it :-)