Anyone done an Egr Removal and Delete

I have the identical engine and i think i suggested this as a must do mod. As you look at the top left hand side of engine cover you will see you egr valve, coming from the top is a vac hose, disconnect that and stop it up with a screw or something, job done, no eml, just better running engine. If you delete the egr completely the anti shudder valve will no longer be there and the engine gives a nasty ...well...shudder as you turn engine off. Just this disconnect is all you need to do. Maybe a good clean out of it but do this first.

Or...

...You could be even more sneaky and do what i've done and stealthily remove the EGR valve altogether, blank off the EGR of course... then fill in the hole left in your EGR after removing the EGR valve with a bolt and some JBweld and smooth the inside of the EGR valve off using a grinder/polisher leaving a smooth pipe inside. Leaving you with an EGR delete/race pipe whilst leaving the anti-shudder valve intact. And it looks completely OEM on the outside ;)

I would just turn it right down in vag com, the newer engines (like mine 04 alh) know when the egr has been blanked off or disconnected and show a fault code/light.

I think they know how much air is passing the maf and calculate to see if the egr is working.

• 2 months later...

I have the identical engine and i think i suggested this as a must do mod. As you look at the top left hand side of engine cover you will see you egr valve, coming from the top is a vac hose, disconnect that and stop it up with a screw or something, job done, no eml, just better running engine. If you delete the egr completely the anti shudder valve will no longer be there and the engine gives a nasty ...well...shudder as you turn engine off. Just this disconnect is all you need to do. Maybe a good clean out of it but do this first.

don't suppose you can post a pic of this so I make no mistakes?

I've done a full delete I'll post a pic soon but when I compared mines too loftys there was a big difference depends really how bothered you are with regards to the anti shudder

Edited by sesachc