Engine broken but Skoda Assist have been quite good.

Car (2011 Petrol Vrs) broke down today 25 in Troon 25 miles from home, went there with my daughter to get some fish and chips but the car had other ideas.

Out of the blue it lost all power, and started rattling like an old tractor, strong smell of petrol everywhere, grey/blue smoke billowing out of the exhaust, check engine light comes on. I pull over and turn of the engine, then it wont start.

Skoda assist called, RAC on site in 40 mins, 2 fault codes for 1) cylinder 2 misfiring and 2) high pressure fuel system with low pressure. RAC calls Skoda tech and the agent handling the call straight away says it’s the injector in cylinder 2 stuck open flooding the engine with fuel apparently a known all be it rare problem – the RAC man was at a loss, he said he’s never see a ‘random’ failure is this engine model… period…ever.

Loader arrives and we are driven back to Glasgow with the car dropped of outside Henrys Skoda in the city centre, dumped outside their gates as they were closed by the time we got there - all good and full marks to Skoda assist for doing what they said, when they said and keeping in touch throughout.

So two questions

1. Anyone had this before and how serious is it?
  2. I didn’t buy the car from this dealer, can I reasonably expect them to provide a courtesy car as ironically the coming two weeks are the only time this year I absolutely must have a car!

Cheers all

e

Edited by ewans
  • Like 1

ISTR that if the dealer cannot supply a courtesy car then they are expected to hire a car for you. They don't like doing this as you can imagine and I'm sure if you mention it then a car will magically become available.

ISTR that if the dealer cannot supply a courtesy car then they are expected to hire a car for you. They don't like doing this as you can imagine and I'm sure if you mention it then a car will magically become available.

+1 get on the phone to Skoda Assist - they will give you a like for like hire car so you will be better off getting one from them than a 1.2 Fabia from the dealer.

i talked to skoda UK, basicly if its waranty work all costs fall to skoda UK so if the dealer doesn't have a car they can give you from their fleet the should either source one from within the dealer network or mobility pool or as a last resort hire somehthing suitable, either way there is no cost to them and you shouldn't hesiate to point this out.

Yes, this happened on my TSI a few weeks ago, exact same symptoms that you mention.

This is how Skoda Assist worked for me.

Broke down at 2pm

RAC onsite 2.20pm spent about 40 mins diagnosing and trying different things to get me going, in the end rung in for a tow.

The lorry turns up about 3.30pm and take me to my local dealer, arrived at dealer at 4.30pm

Taxi arrived at dealer at 4.45pm to take me home.

Enterprise come to my house at 8pm to collect me to take me to the local branch to get a courtesy car, all they had left was a SAAB 9-3 Turbo estate, I stayed in that for a week until mine was ready, all paid for by Skoda Assist.

It was same as yours new injector needed, so maybe not as common a fault as believed, or just bad luck for us!

But, they should of organised a hire car for a minimum of 48 hours, and Skoda Assist will be leaning heavily on the dealer to get the car fixed, its in the terms of Skoda assist that they will supply you with a car for 48 hours whcih will then be reviewed upon diagnosis and availability of repair on your car, so get back onto them and say it says in your book about a hire car and they will sort I am sure.

BTW I broke down on the Monday of the Jubillee weekend, highly impressed with Skoda Assist.

Thanks for that james, i've *not* gone back to Skoda Assit today (car broke down yesterady evening ) but will call them tomorrow morning and progress it.

I cant imagine my car will be fixed tomorrow as the dealer didnt even have time to look at it today, not their fault to be fair they are fully booked out not much they can do if i just turn up out of the blue with a broken moter.

No problem hope its sorted soon, its frustrating isnt it being without your own car, its amazing how you come to like your own car and when in something else it just never compares does it!

Gus skoda assist you need to call not UK. They will sort an enterprise hire car 24/7.