Never knew the fabia had this!

Mine didn't come with the flap - maybe previous owner ripped it out? I managed to order it and the two pins from a Skoda dealer though.

• 2 weeks later...

Leave your windowa open, get out the car, turn key to lock the car, hold the key there for a few seconds and watch as your windows close themselves :D.

My favourite trick to do in a busy car park :3

IIRC the reverse to open the driver and passenger front windows upon unlocking too :thumbup:

• Like 1

IIRC the reverse to open the driver and passenger front windows upon unlocking too :thumbup:

Hence the occasional story of people returning to their car to find the windows have been down during rain/heavy snow, lol.

I like the button in the fuel filler tube. When you fill up and the pump stops, push the metal tab in with your finger, air gets released, fill up, keep repeating this to brim it :) can do over 200 miles before the needle comes Off full :)

Note to all, don't do this on a petrol engined Fabia.

I found some stuff in that compartment when I had a mk1. Found a pair of glasses, a mini screw driver for them, a proper old school pocket map and what I assume to be a 12v plug in cup heater. It was like a bag that would heat up when put in the 12v socket.

Amazing!

• Like 1

Note to all, don't do this on a petrol engined Fabia.

Mind letting us know why not?

Or more to the point why I shouldn't have been doing it on the missus' Furby for the last 5 years?

Or more to the point why I shouldn't have been doing it on the missus' Furby for the last 5 years?

If I understand correctly the extra airspace is there to allow petrol fumes to build up without increasing the pressure inside the tank, which may cause damage or a leak.

On the other hand, I understand if you're going to use all the extra fuel (i.e. you're filling up just before a very long run) then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

That's how I understand it from what someone told me, anyway!

• Like 1

And I presume that it's not a problem on the diesel as it doesn't evaporate in the same way.

So as long as I drive it like I stole it after every fill up it should be OK. Sorted. :angel:

• Like 2

And I presume that it's not a problem on the diesel as it doesn't evaporate in the same way.

So as long as I drive it like I stole it after every fill up it should be OK. Sorted. :angel:

That's pretty much it. I guess the same tank setup is used for both, makes sense really.

Haha I would never recommend driving like you stole it, so long as you'e using fuel until it's back into the proper tank I guess...spirited, I think the word is ;)

Leave your windowa open, get out the car, turn key to lock the car, hold the key there for a few seconds and watch as your windows close themselves :D.

My favourite trick to do in a busy car park :3

Or if you're really clever (like me) with some jiggery pockery with a laptop you can enable this to be done by holding the lock/unlock buttons on the remote. And becuase my car has rear electric windows too if they're left open I can close them too.

The other trick that has seen numerous threads on here is the recirculate turning on when you put the car into reverse. Loads of threads with people thinking their car is broken as there is a whoosy noise when reversing. lol

Phil

Or if you're really clever (like me) with some jiggery pockery with a laptop you can enable this to be done by holding the lock/unlock buttons on the remote. And becuase my car has rear electric windows too if they're left open I can close them too.

The other trick that has seen numerous threads on here is the recirculate turning on when you put the car into reverse. Loads of threads with people thinking their car is broken as there is a whoosy noise when reversing. lol

Phil

I want this!!!!! The window thing I mean.

Edited by danny6189

If you have a pre-2004 ish car Fabia then you need a serial laptop cable and a program called VDS-pro (which I have). I think post 2004 it can be done with VCDS.

Very handy indeed!

Phil

Because if you purge the overflow of air and fill it with petrol there is nothing to stop it then filling the charcoal canister thus destroying that and then the ACF valve. This can result in emission related issues etc.

Because if you purge the overflow of air and fill it with petrol there is nothing to stop it then filling the charcoal canister thus destroying that and then the ACF valve. This can result in emission related issues etc.

Yeah, but, apart from that...

--

Gyp

After having Fabias for 8 years I have just found the button in the filler.

Result? 14 Ltr. more diesel goes in and a £20 increase in fuel bill for a fill up. Range increase? to be posted.

If you have a pre-2004 ish car Fabia then you need a serial laptop cable and a program called VDS-pro (which I have). I think post 2004 it can be done with VCDS.

A serial cable? Don't think I've seen one of those in at least 5 years! Certainly haven't had anything to plug them into for 10! Nevermind then :p

Edited by andrewkeith5