Exeter or Newton Abbot for service

I will be down in Devon for the next 2 weeks what of the 2 dealers would any of you recommend, to get a service and a few small outstanding jobs done

Assuming you don't need warranty work etc, try Matt at Volkscraft in Exeter - ex Seat Master tech, and will be cheaper than main dealer if its just a service and some bits that need doing.

Was in Murray this morning when you posted this, I could of booked it for you!!!

But seriously, they are the same as any othe main dealer, seem to be OK and never had any real issues with the workshop side, if you go in you might get to deal with the delightful Naomi! Lovely girl on the service desk, has a nice Mini (ha ha no comments!!!) with rather nice wheels and stretched tyres!!

I second Matt at Volkscraft. Just around the corner from the Exeter dealer. Best mechanic I've used, wont go anywhere else.

Sent off an email asking if they can do the few jobs needed while I am down there, are the pretty accommodating??

Its a one man band pretty much, so as long as you're booked in, its unlikely he'll take on other stuff and force you to wait / be delayed. Tell him Jason with the silver fabia sent you and I might get a discount the next time I need master tech help. :D

Its a one man band pretty much, so as long as you're booked in, its unlikely he'll take on other stuff and force you to wait / be delayed. Tell him Jason with the silver fabia sent you and I might get a discount the next time I need master tech help. :D

I could tell him Jason said put it on his next bill :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::giggle:

I mainly need the front fuel cooler bolt re welding back on, to stop the knocking from under the car

Edited by skippy41

Don't bother with Murray Plymouth, found them pretty rubbish in all honesty. Parts dept is ok, but wanting to search and rectify faults during service is another thing all together!

/end rant

• 2 weeks later...

Well car all sorted, almost, took it to Matts at Volkscraft,

fuel cooler now secured, he did not even have to remove the seat, just used what I would call self taping bolts, after this was done he took it for a drive came back not happy, still had a rattle, I said possibly drop links and this was confirmed, so replaced both now nice and quiet, steering feels as though its sharpened up by changing them??

He diagnosed my clutch pedal problem, I thought slave cylinder, something to do with a spring, thats is why its not fully returning to the top, he tried to get one as the whole pedal is only £17 plus vat, none in stock

Any way a big thank you to Matt and the guys.

PS Matt did you fiddle with the ECU, got 448 miles on the way home yesterday, and its still above half a tank, yet going down it was between the half and the quarter???, LOL