New Roomster

Picked up my new Roomster tonight - 1.2TSI (85 bhp) SE in Miami Blue - so far very impressed. Looking forward to taking it out for a longer drive tomorrow.

• Like 1

Enjoying the Roomster - as is my daughter who loves all of the glass especially the glass roof.

One possible problem however - i woke up this morning and found all of my windows half open - we were playing with them yesterday but i am positive we closed them all. I have read some problems with windows in the forum - anyone had this one - what is the solution ? Is it a one of?

Holding down the opening button will open the windows to whatever level you want,likewise holding the close button will close the windows to any level you want. Great fun sitting in your front room watching the windows fly up and down. Just don't tell the kids about this feature. Enjoy your new Roomster

I found that once i had doubled locked the car and held onto the second lock for more than a second the windows went down , you have to be quick with the locking , i am sure you will get the hang of locking the car without the windows opening , enjoy your new car

so if i open the car remotely and then hold the open button for a few seconds the windows will all open - and close with the closed button - is that correct ?

I just tried it and it didn't work ?

They should, but I find this feature inconsistent. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesnt. Sometimes my windows drop down and sometimes they wont go up. Bit fed up going in and out of dealer.... I just dont use that feature now as VAG seem unable to make electric windows work!

In most cases, any window mis positioning issues can be cured with ignition on, fully closing the windows using console button and holiding the button in close position for another 2 seconds or so. This sets the reference position in the window controller..

Windows in my Roomster work well so far, though I did manage to lose reference position on one window once when battery was disconnected. Though there are quite a few posts here about sun/water related problems, mainly from Southern Europe.

Rear electric windows in the Roomster do have another quirk, though, the rear door push-button is in a location likely to be accidentally triggered when a child is asleep and leaning on the window side. It already happened to us, and is quite distressing, especially when doing 110mph+ on the autobahn. We have put child locks on windows at rear, have never needed it in the Mk1 Superb nor Mk1 Octavia.

Thanks All - i now have the windows worked out - they do work when i keep my finger on the open or close button on the remote. It must have been because i was trying it through a window or the angle i was at whan firt tried. Still going to keep an eye on them though - still a little puzzled as to why they were open in the morning.

loving the Roomster so far - will get achance to give her a long run in a couple of weks when i drive down to London for the olympics - lookijg forward to giving her a long run on the motorway.

loving the Roomster so far - will get achance to give her a long run in a couple of weks when i drive down to London for the olympics - lookijg forward to giving her a long run on the motorway.

Or you might find out how well she idles, considering the 32 mile queue that was on the M4 today :giggle: