jom coilovers

i know someone that has fitted some jom coilovers to his mk1 octavia silverline, he is complaining that he can hear a knocking noise, sounds like driveshaft is catching bottom arm, i said you will need shorter droplinks. was wondering if mondeo mk1 droplinks fit like they fit on mk1 fabia vrs

cheers vrsadz

Don't know about coilovers, but read that strut brace is rubbish, have to be bashed to fit, and I bought bonnet lifters and had to bend them, although it says it WILL fit mk1 octy.

Edited by hunker7

Actually to try and be sone help with this ****ing jom poop

Is it a hollow kind "pa-tonk" nose

1 side or other ?

Their stuff sucks so mite just be a dead strut ???

How far is it lowered mate ?

Yeah my bad.... I did reread after my post :D

I dunno about mondeo mate,

From what ive always read up octys tend to be ok, its mk4 golfs that start getting contact

Is it defo the links or is there signs of contact anywhere else ?

Are they fairly new mate ?

**** it im lost lol sorry mate :(

Im bias and would just blame the joms lol

Umm... I'll try find some usfull folk mate or some guys with slammed stuff as 60mm is on the deck

I'll see who i can pm and try direct here :D

Vrs's dont suffer but others do as they use the same links as golfs.

So they connect to wishbones so if its low then there is a chance they will be catching. Jack it up and see if you can see where its rubbing

joms are known for the internal nut of the strut not being done up. this could be the problem. I have owned 3 sets of joms for boras, A3s ect and they all needed the nut tightning. you need to take it off and remove the springs, use something like a grinder spanner to tighten it up again. pretty easy and stops the knockeing you get.

more info here..

http://uk-mkvs.net/forums/t/406228.aspx?PageIndex=1