Gentlemen, I have a quandary...

That above 4x4 is ******* ace! I want one now!

When he picked it up Friday it was a complete range rover v8 lol.

I left as he was taking the still saw to it, this is how it looks now but he's chopping more off the front so it'll stand on its nose haha

That Rangey is awesome!

I had - briefly - considered the MX5 till I remembered that when I drove my dad's I couldn't get comfortable unless the roof was off! :rofl:

i think by selling and buying something else is always a bad move unless you want to change not because you need to.

keeping the car and running will always be more economical financially. Plus i like having a fellow briskodian round the corner

Keep and mod or keep it tidy.

If you regretted it once, you'll regret it again.

It's a very strong compromise car. If you do need to carry people, you can. You can move lots of stuff. It can cruise very well, or it can hoon along.

If you want a car for many situations, you already have it... if you're really desperate to get something else, then do it.

Guest BigJase88

So far on mines ive spent

£400 fmic

Intake and dv £200

Kw coils £600

Remap £200

So £1400 for what something a bit lower and a bit quicker?!

Wish i had saved my money :(

If you're that bothered about money being lost, you'd better buy something with very strong residuals... how about a B5 S4? Kind of like a grown-up vRS. 265bhp, AWD, comfortable, subtle, good fun, lost pretty much all the money they can lose. You can pick one up for around £3k if you're brave!

• Like 1

and £1500 also will get you a very good Rover 220 turbo, 200bhp standard, probably will be more (if as likely has been modded sensibly)

0-60 6.2 (standard) top speed 150mph.

Just thought I'd mention it as an alternative to a Golf/mr2

M3 3.2 one of the old ones in coupe form in techno violet!!

Next on my list when this ones dead.

Cavalier turbo 4x4 would be my weapon of choice. Wouldn't touch another chocolate head gasket'd rover with a barge pole! utter garbage.

If you're that bothered about money being lost, you'd better buy something with very strong residuals... how about a B5 S4? Kind of like a grown-up vRS. 265bhp, AWD, comfortable, subtle, good fun, lost pretty much all the money they can lose. You can pick one up for around £3k if you're brave!

I'm never worried about losing money from the sale of cars, this just happens!

I'm worried about wasting money modifying a car just as a reason to keep it.

Next on my list when this ones dead.

Cavalier turbo 4x4 would be my weapon of choice. Wouldn't touch another chocolate head gasket'd rover with a barge pole! utter garbage.

I've had my Rover since May '97, no head problems as such, just an uprated head gasket fitted several years back (no mixture of oil/water, just a worstening-over-time oil leak).

Now on 136k, still original turbo.....good as gold tbh, throughout the years.

Only big bill was a new gearbox at 70k

Since you have gone round in circles, your best option would be 4!

A few small mods just to make it handle a little better then leave it alone.

RARB,replacement panel filter,dogbone mount bush and R32 front ARB.

At this point stop and save your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is the engine standard?

is that to me?

pretty much,manual boost controller set at 11psi (you don't really wanna go over 12 on standard internals, having said that some go 14 & get away with it, others go bang at 13, but 12 is deemed safe, the factory set boost is 11.5)

Also has a cold air feed to the airbox, iridium plugs & a Pipercross panel filter, so basically bugger all.It's quick enough as it's pretty light, under 1200 kg

I'm never worried about losing money from the sale of cars, this just happens!

I'm worried about wasting money modifying a car just as a reason to keep it.

This is the key point.

If you need to tune or modify car to keep it or get back it's mojo, it ain't gona happen.

Or very unlikely, as you need to already like the car to get more from it IMO.

It's like a unhappy couple saying let's have a baby and all will be well.

(blimey I am going deep this morning) .

Perhaps you need a new start with something else, only you know that though.

• Like 1

You seen, this is a valid point - there are some proper cars out there for not a massive amount (E39 M5, B5 RS4 for example) as well as a lot newer cars. There's also a possible house move in the background of all this (oh, and a wedding :rofl:) but financially that's covered, it's just getting this one sold and finding a new one.

The Octavia is reasonably quick, handles reasonably well (mine could do with some new bushes at front, got my eye on that new kit from PSI with the R32 bushes though), looks good, is comfortable, spacious and practical. It doesn't excite me though. I don't need the room that the Octavia gives either. In fact, I've only once ever had a rear passenger!

Maybe I just need two cars? :wall:

he he

E39 M5

yum thats what I am swaying toward too.

• Like 1